WVLG and Alexa. What happened?

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2021, 10:30 AM
Question WVLG and Alexa. What happened?

Until a few days ago, we were able to listen to WVLG on our Alexa Echo units using the myTunerRadio skill. A bit clunky, but it worked. Over the weekend, things changed. First, Alexa would say she was going to play WVLG, but nothing would happen. Now, she says she has found WVLG, but when asked to begin playing, she opens a different station such as WVLT, WVLC, WVLD, anything where the last letter rhymes with "G", which makes me think that the station is simply no longer available. And it doesn't appear to be available on any other streaming service.

I'm don't want to use the phone app or their website, when I can ask Alexa to play thousands of stations around the world, just not the one station I can reach by golf car.

No response so far to my email to the station.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Send them a message via Facebook. Villages Radio Station-Wvlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jere413 View Post
Until a few days ago, we were able to listen to WVLG on our Alexa Echo units using the myTunerRadio skill. A bit clunky, but it worked. Over the weekend, things changed. First, Alexa would say she was going to play WVLG, but nothing would happen. Now, she says she has found WVLG, but when asked to begin playing, she opens a different station such as WVLT, WVLC, WVLD, anything where the last letter rhymes with "G", which makes me think that the station is simply no longer available. And it doesn't appear to be available on any other streaming service.

I'm don't want to use the phone app or their website, when I can ask Alexa to play thousands of stations around the world, just not the one station I can reach by golf car.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jere413 View Post

Clearly, you did something to offend Alexa. Try a bribe.

Email to the station? Mark Twain said we make not progress because as we move forward we loose what was.

Old school perhaps. I had four different issues wrestling with companies and the government via computer. I just resolved the last one, took almost a year. Solution, not at all easy to do. Be prepared and find a HUMAN.
Closed Thread

Tags
wvlg, alexa, station, play, makes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.