Xfinity connectivity problems

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2021, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I rent a modem from Xfinity for the same reason. If you have an Xfinity landline phone, then you need a modem that costs about $250. So, the payoff time period is about 18 months. But, suppose your service goes out, you call Xfinity, and they say the problem is your modem. If you own the modem you have to either prove them wrong or replace your modem. In the meantime, you have no service.
Yeah, that's what hubby figures. He needs really good internet access for his work so he doesn't want to screw up what is working well right now.

k.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Yeah, that's what hubby figures. He needs really good internet access for his work so he doesn't want to screw up what is working well right now.

k.
As an addendum, I've long been of the opinion that if something is working, don't fiddle around with it. I cannot count the number of times a piece of equipment was "upgraded" and turned into a gigantic problem. As much as I hate having what we call "Change management" meetings, having a plan to gracefully back out of an update is critical when it comes to communications/servers/networking for exactly these reasons. You tried to fix something that wasn't broken.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:41 AM
Thanked 1,115 Times in 245 Posts

Even with Spectrum at "up to 200 Mbps" for $49/month I have to disconnect and reconnect a couple of times daily when it bogs down.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:28 AM
Default Serendipity

First, thanks to all of you for your suggestions! Next, I had an Xfinity telemarketer call me yesterday and accidentally tell me the fix. I answered the call as I thought it was the COVID people calling to schedule my 2nd dose & I stayed on the line rather than hanging up like I usually do. This guy made a spirited attempt to get me to upgrade. It was the first time they had called. I told him I was disgusted with their service & was going to take my cable box back. Then he said, "Oh, your connection speed is for only 2 devices at a time." (I had 3 hooked up.) LOL.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
day, xfinity, router, service, services

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.