Xfinity problem

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2018, 03:06 PM
Default Xfinity problem

Has anyone had intermittent outages with Xfinity? We can be fine one day and in and out the next. Of course, when the technicians come it’s always working fine so they look at us like we’re crazy. I’m thinking it must be something outside because they have just about repaired/replaced everything inside. Any ideas?
Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

I have occasional short term outages with the internet service, usually in the morning. However, I almost never lose the cable TV service. That is one reason that I am reluctant to switch to a streaming service for TV programming. I would like to know how often internet service is interrupted with the various internet providers, because it is impossible to really know unless you monitor it 24/7.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 10-14-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have occasional short term outages with the internet service, usually in the morning. However, I almost never lose the cable TV service. That is one reason that I am reluctant to switch to a streaming service for TV programming. I would like to know how often internet service is interrupted with the various internet providers, because it is impossible to really know unless you monitor it 24/7.
I just switched to streaming and DirecTv is gone. If the internet problem hits me I'll go back to something else quickly. I do like streaming it really is as easy as several people had mentioned on TOTV. CWGUY is the one who sealed the deal. There is so much interesting great stuff to watch and I'm just beginning.

I noticed lately that 5 people around us have changed away from their Dish Network Service??? Why??? I don't specifically know.

Try streaming while you keep your present service as a backup for a month. That's what I did, like a security blanket in case streaming was bogus.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:42 AM

I've had great service, especially the internet. I have the "boost" service which they have continuously improved. Currently I am at over 150mbs and started at less than 20 a year ago. I also have their app which I can open to find any service disruptions and also to stream tv while at the gym or elsewhere if I want to. No premium channels either but still have way more than we watch...only complaint....when will the price go up? LOL
Old 10-15-2018, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but we are hoping to stay with Xfinity for a number of reasons. Just looking for subscribers who have had a similar problem
Old 10-15-2018, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
Has anyone had intermittent outages with Xfinity? We can be fine one day and in and out the next.
We have internet through Xfinity and notice it dropping out occasionally, usually just for a few minutes (probably a few seconds, but then the modem has to sort itself out).

We switched from CenturyLink because that would drop out several times a day, often for ten minutes or more.

We are north of 466 so not a lot of choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
fine, xfinity, thinking, i’m, crazy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.