Xfinity for Snowbirds

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2022, 12:33 PM

Good plan but here’s the problem, every year your rates keep raising. If you are gone 3 months and disconnect, your rates go back to new customer offers, saving you a bundle. It’s well worth it to pay nothing while we are gone.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:25 PM
Default Comcast Vacation Plan

I have Spectrum in NY and can’t wait till they get to my address in TV. They are way more flexible when it comes to vacation plans, and it’s easier to speak to a person.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:54 PM
Default I am very happy for you that Xfinity is working for you. For now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasman29 View Post
Xfinity has a vacation plan for subscribers. You can suspend services for a minimal monthly charge. We are Snowbirds and are typically away from paradise May-Oct. We have suspended the TV and phone service and just have internet to maintain our WiFi stuff like thermostat and cameras. Savings is considerable for instance our normal monthly charge is approx $160 but during summer only $50. We do the same for our northern retreat. I think they let you suspend once per year for a maximum of 6 months. Just call or go online for details. Hope it helps
I was had the seasonal plan 5 years ago both up north and in TV until Xfinity decided to not allow it and I ended up paying $5-600/month between my both accounts here and up north. I canceled both plans, returned rental equipment, bought my own modems and pay $40/month for Xfinity internet and $49 for YouTube TV which has Unlimited DVR, free HD and no equipment rental since it is a streaming service. YouTubeTV is now up to $70/ month but it has increased programing. This is still cheaper than Xfinity TV and is a much better Service. There are no taxes or "TV Broadcast Service Fees" from Xfinity or YouTubeTV. Xfinity will serially increase your charges. I do not have a contract with Xfinity so I can cancel at any time and switch to another internet provider. Even if you do have a contract, be aware that you can downgrade your service to internet only without penalty. There are several other streaming services but most have deficiencies. In addition, you can keep your northern service area active and have your sports and local programing from up north. If you have antenna service for central Florida stations or basic TV from Xfinity for $10 extra, it works great.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:01 PM

So does a blue EMT van.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:23 PM

DTV. No charge at all when I shut it down. I have Spectrum in Wi n the cost is approx. $65 or so. Century link/internet I leave on so I can check and operate the thermostat. Works great. $50 on Century link
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, charge, monthly, suspend, snowbirds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.