yamaha theft of carts
Home
Menu

yamaha theft of carts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

yamaha theft of carts
Old 11-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

Default yamaha theft of carts

whats going on with all the theft of Yamaha carts. must be a cart ring in town for the winter. rekey your cart,chain it up, install a kill switch,and try to keep an eye on it.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Veteran member

Or keep it insured.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2018, 03:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Or keep it insured.
Can you believe that is the answer I got from my repair shop and my Insurance Agent. I don't want to put in a claim, I want my own Cart.

I'm going to install the device EDFNJ described in another current thread about carts being ripped off.

I guess the law is the law and I totally respect the rules. Can you imagine coming up on someone stealing you Car, Cart, breaking in your house, and you have to stand there like some schmo and watch them take your property? I find that difficult to accept but I guess I must.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Platinum member

More Yamaha carts, so they have less chance of being noticed. Neighborhood watch, take notice of any cart being towed. Camera on most phones.

Last edited by Bay Kid; 11-09-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2018, 07:49 AM

What's going on? Well thieves are stealing them and then perhaps sell them to a dishonest dealer. It's about the $$$. Just install a gps tracker.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Sage

You could look into car or motor cycle alarms (for the gas version of the golf carts), many of these have a simple 2 wire installation, and some actually send a signal to the remote, so you know something is going on. The electric carts are more complicated for a number of reasons and the typical 12 VDC auto/motorcycle alarms may not work well or at all. I did help another villager with their installation, and on the electric carts you need to be very careful about how the alarm is mounted and the grounding of the alarm system.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:53 PM

About a year or two ago they caught someone in the Lowe's parking lot that was loading them on a trailer and taking them to Georgia

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

When decked out golf cart costs 14K plus new, there are thousands of them, pretty easy to hot wire, or just push onto trailer in about 2 mins, and parts virtually untraceable its going to attract market. Especially with all the methheads around.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Can you believe that is the answer I got from my repair shop and my Insurance Agent. I don't want to put in a claim, I want my own Cart.

I'm going to install the device EDFNJ described in another current thread about carts being ripped off.

I guess the law is the law and I totally respect the rules. Can you imagine coming up on someone stealing you Car, Cart, breaking in your house, and you have to stand there like some schmo and watch them take your property? I find that difficult to accept but I guess I must.
I've got my Bride insured, but that doesn't mean I'm not taking precautions to keep her safe.

Two years with GPS
Old 11-09-2018, 07:47 PM

Default Two years with GPS

I believe that I am the first poster with GPS, since 2016. While admire posters for suggesting cost savings units the cheap ones, such as Ed linked to are based upon 3G technology. This will be going away. If you are going to install one use a 4G based model. The downside is you will almost certainly pay a monthly fee, typically 8.00 a month.End Could Be Near For 3G In The United States

Tags
yamaha, carts, theft, kill, install