yamaha theft of carts
Home
Menu

yamaha theft of carts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-09-2018, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTClark45 View Post
I believe that I am the first poster with GPS, since 2016. While admire posters for suggesting cost savings units the cheap ones, such as Ed linked to are based upon 3G technology. This will be going away. If you are going to install one use a 4G based model. The downside is you will almost certainly pay a monthly fee, typically 8.00 a month.End Could Be Near For 3G In The United States

The article says "COULD BE" near not "is" near. They aren't putting telemetry devices on 4G LTE so fast. That plus this device uses Verizon who, the article states, is only shutting down it's 1X network at the END OF 2019. This is using the faster UMTS network. I doubt there are many 4G LTE asset trackers out there. That band would be superfluous for this type of telemetry device. If you look at the company who makes this specific device (The New How for the global connected economy - CalAmp) who is the parent company of LoJack, while I can't speak for the eBay stuff, the zillions of devices CALAMP has in the field I don't think they will all go extinct so fast. They make about 15 models. They mostly serve the car rental and construction asset tracking industry. I wouldn't panic so fast.

Spec sheet attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LMU-330_v4.pdf (149.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by EdFNJ; 11-09-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:20 AM

Feeling good about your purchase is fine however arguing with random strangers in the face of facts is irrational. AT&T and verion are leaving 3G as well as other carriers.
The end of 2G/3G networks as we know them | DigiKey Verizon confirm with certainty they are done with 3G /verizon

How long will 3G networks remain in use in the US? - Quora sources confirm the end of 3G

T-Mobile is also looking to bail Another technology sunset? The 3G sunset may be sooner than you think

There are thousands of articles that say the same thing, this is not a rumor. Bottom line do not buy a 3G based GPS tracker
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

I'll worry about it in 2 years, by then I will have saved enough pennies to buy a new one.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 11-10-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Tags
yamaha, carts, theft, kill, install