Yard Waste

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 12:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Yard Waste

Since I am sitting inside with nothing much to do, my mind starts wandering to important topics like:

Where does the yard waste that is picked up on Wednesday’s go? Does it go to a special landfill? Or is it ground up for compost? Does it go to an incinerator?

I really want to know!
Old 03-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I would assume it would go where it normally would.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Since I am sitting inside with nothing much to do, my mind starts wandering to important topics like:

Where does the yard waste that is picked up on Wednesday’s go? Does it go to a special landfill? Or is it ground up for compost? Does it go to an incinerator?

I really want to know!
Lady Lake has a landfill station in the vicinity of Rolling Acres and they have a huge pile of garden and brush waste. I got the impression it was just breaking down in the heat and at some point could be used for mulch ... but who knows?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-27-2020, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

I really want to know!
If you really want to know .......call:

For questions about routes, schedules,
recycling, and trash collection, please
call Sanitation at (352) 748-0109

Old 03-27-2020, 01:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Lady Lake has a landfill station in the vicinity of Rolling Acres and they have a huge pile of garden and brush waste. I got the impression it was just breaking down in the heat and at some point could be used for mulch ... but who knows?
The people that pick it up.......
Old 03-27-2020, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I suspect they burn it down cr42 from 301. I smell brush burning every Wednesday/ Thursday nights? Probably makes difference what county you live in?

Last edited by Topspinmo; 03-29-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:28 PM
Default Landfill behind Volusia golf course.

Quote:

I really want to know!
I've seen the trucks drop off the debris at the landfill behind Volusia golf course across the street from the Walmart gas station. .
Old 03-28-2020, 06:30 AM

Here's what I have seen …… Tuesday is our normal trash day, and Wednesday is our yard waste pick up day. Three times in the past month, I have put yard waste out on Tuesday, and it is picked up by the trash truck. It doesn't magically disappear because the yard waste fairy was riding in the truck. I have to presume that all yard waste goes to the same land fill as trash.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Here's what I have seen …… Tuesday is our normal trash day, and Wednesday is our yard waste pick up day. Three times in the past month, I have put yard waste out on Tuesday, and it is picked up by the trash truck. It doesn't magically disappear because the yard waste fairy was riding in the truck. I have to presume that all yard waste goes to the same land fill as trash.
You would assume wrong the yard waste put out on Wednesday goes to be composted. If you put it out Tuesday it goes to the same dump as the trash filling up the dump quicker.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:30 AM
Default Yard waste

Mine goes to the neighbors yard
Old 03-28-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I am amazed at how often people use this forum to ask questions that they could have easily found the answer themselves if they had even the slightest amount of problem solving skills or initiative

apparently their mother's told them to "go look it up in the dictionary" as children when they asked how to spell a word

how did these people ever survive this long?
Old 03-28-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I am amazed at how often people use this forum to ask questions that they could have easily found the answer themselves if they had even the slightest amount of problem solving skills or initiative

apparently their mother's told them to "go look it up in the dictionary" as children when they asked how to spell a word

If you still are wondering about things, the what happens to all those wrist watches you see in all the Macy's and department stores all over the world? Everyone has a smart phone so why have a wrist watch? Now that's something to ponder.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts
Default Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerrich View Post
If you still are wondering about things, the what happens to all those wrist watches you see in all the Macy's and department stores all over the world? Everyone has a smart phone so why have a wrist watch? Now that's something to ponder.
Wife and I both have phones. Wife either has to pull it out of her purse or go find it. I would have to dig it out of my pocket or go find it. With a watch I just have to look at my wrist when she asks " what time is it?". Just more convenient for me. Plus, since I spend a lot of time in the water it ( divers watch ) makes more sense than dragging phon into the pool. Nice useful piece of jewelry.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

Wow.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-28-2020, 08:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
WHY? Are you special? I've been here over 15 years and have never done that..... thankfully most don't.
Closed Thread

Tags
yard, waste, wednesday’s, special, landfill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.