Yet another accident....

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Sage
Default Yet another accident....

Around noon today in the vicinity of Colony Blvd a golf cart hit a pedestrian and the latter was air-lifted to Ocala. I so hope that person will recover. This being said...I was out and about on the way to a dr's app't at that time and I will say that traffic is VERY heavy!! People, please take your time!!! Look both ways and proceed with caution. I nearly was hit in a cross-walk at Pinellas Plaza by a woman in a SUV who was gunning through in front of Winn Dixie. Didn't slow for anyone so it's a good thing I was the observant one!
Old 01-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Sage

There was another accident involving 2 golf carts, a golf cart did not stop @ a stop sign & t-boned another golf cart-send 2 occupants to the hospital--for particulars go to the unmentionable online news source
Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There was another accident involving 2 golf carts, a golf cart did not stop @ a stop sign & t-boned another golf cart-send 2 occupants to the hospital--for particulars go to the unmentionable online news source
THAT one happened last night or the other day but horrific just the same! How many times do we see folks in BOTH carts and cars never stopping at signs?? How does one miss that?? I observed a van just today in my neighborhood blow a stop sign and it was going fast. Too bad the traffic on Odell was heavy so Mr In A Hurry had to wait....and wait....and wait! I call that Karma! BUT if he'd have t-boned me, I doubt his attitude would have been so cavallier! He either waved at me or saluted, I'm not sure which!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Around noon today in the vicinity of Colony Blvd a golf cart hit a pedestrian and the latter was air-lifted to Ocala. I so hope that person will recover. This being said...I was out and about on the way to a dr's app't at that time and I will say that traffic is VERY heavy!! People, please take your time!!! Look both ways and proceed with caution. I nearly was hit in a cross-walk at Pinellas Plaza by a woman in a SUV who was gunning through in front of Winn Dixie. Didn't slow for anyone so it's a good thing I was the observant one!
Your point is well taken. However, the accident happened near Morse and 466. The lady was taken by ambulance down to Colony to be loaded into the helicopter.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Sage

I would have to say....that this happened near 466a and Morse. The patient was taken to the large lot next to Walgreens to be transported via helicopter to the trauma center. I saw it heading out around noon from my garage. It tied up traffic on Colony Blvd. The article had it wrong re: 466 and Morse...in the other news online source. I did go back and read the online article....it was a commentor who gave the incorrect location. It wouldn't make sense to go from 466/Morse all the way down to Colony.

*** I stand corrected....the accident itself happened near Sunset Point but they transported her to near Colony to air-lift her!! In today's Sun!

Last edited by NotGolfer; 01-17-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
People, please take your time!!! Look both ways and proceed with caution.
LOL They can't take their time, they might be dead this afternoon!

Plenty of old and blind drivers, with attitude, here in TV. When you point out they did something dangerous or incorrect, they put their heads down and race off. Too foolish to acknowledge error or change.

If a landscaper or another service person's vehicle is parked in their lane, they think they have the right away to the oncoming lane. No matter if someone else is approaching or not.

Stop signs are optional if they were not there 15 years ago...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Was in my cart yesterday afternoon near Walmart Market. Saw a car coming up quickly and as I was approaching a merge, I hit the turn signal and did a hand signal to warn the driver I was merging. Driver totally ignored the signals and kept on coming forcing me to stop or get hit. Totally oblivious to her surroundings.

Bottom line, assume everyone else isn't paying attention and always have your "radar" working.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
LOL They can't take their time, they might be dead this afternoon!

Plenty of old and blind drivers, with attitude, here in TV. When you point out they did something dangerous or incorrect, they put their heads down and race off. Too foolish to acknowledge error or change.

If a landscaper or another service person's vehicle is parked in their lane, they think they have the right away to the oncoming lane. No matter if someone else is approaching or not.

Stop signs are optional if they were not there 15 years ago...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That is my pet peeve .... people have no understanding of the fact that when the obstruction is on your side of the road you are supposed to stop for oncoming traffic to come through. How many times have I received the one finger salute from ignorant golf car and car drivers!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Was in my cart yesterday afternoon near Walmart Market. Saw a car coming up quickly and as I was approaching a merge, I hit the turn signal and did a hand signal to warn the driver I was merging. Driver totally ignored the signals and kept on coming forcing me to stop or get hit. Totally oblivious to her surroundings.

Bottom line, assume everyone else isn't paying attention and always have your "radar" working.
Seems to me if you saw him coming up quickly, you should have slowed and let him pass. Car vs golf cart---------you lose.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to jalopy54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Seems to me if you saw him coming up quickly, you should have slowed and let him pass. Car vs golf cart---------you lose.
People need to drive the speed limit within this area! It is posted very well 20MPH for all vehicles cars and golf cars! People driving like maniacs in these areas should pay a steep fine for speeding! This is a golf car community, not the indy 500. Slow down people and obey the law. Around Walmart Neighboorhood Market (Sarasota Plaza) and Colony Shopping Center, people slow down!!!

Mickey

Last edited by jalopy54; 01-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Gold member
Default You are wrong

Quote:

NO I was not in the SUV-I do not own one. But, you need to know that a golf cart DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.

YOUR proper action was to SLOW DOWN and allow the car to pass.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 PM

Old people.
Old people as far as the eye can see.
Oh and little white dogs.
Lots of little white dogs.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Old people.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Old people.

Lol. I guess that explains why this is considered a "retirement community".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
It must be tough driving a golf cart around The Villages.

An accident that would be a minor fender-bender in a car can be a lot more serious when a car hits a golf cart.
Closed Thread

Tags
hit, time, cross-walk, plaza, pinellas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.