Yoga

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Sage
Default Yoga

I am hoping to find a Yoga group in TV that offers "gentle" yoga at a reasonable price. I don't think yoga is included in the amenitites fee, but I would be delighted to be corrected. We will be located south of 466. Any fellow yoga devotees out there?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Default Re: Yoga

Barefoot- there are many free yoga classes in TV. Almost any day of the week there is a yoga class at one of the rec. centers. There are also classes offered through the college which are excellent.

I have been taking yoga classes since I moved down here 4 years ago. The teachers are so nice. Don't worry most of classes are gentle. The free classes are given by volunteers who have been doing yoga for many years. It is so wonderful that these teachers give of their time.

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 AM

While I still want to try a Yoga class I have been to a Qigong class weekly and it is excellent. I think the big difference is you are standing, but is does include meditation and deep breathing. It is great. I feel so relaxed when the class ends. All different sizes, ages, genders attend. You should try!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Sage

Thanks for the info on yoga and Qigong (never heard of it, but it sounds like something I'll try). Is there an easy way to access information on yoga dates and locations?
(Similar to the "Search" function on TOTV?) Or do I need to page through every activity schedule for every Recreation Center?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:05 AM
Veteran member

Barefoot: Good luck on your yoga info. After 40 years of being a gym rat and lifting weights I'm unable to tie my shoes without pain. Doctor recommends Yoga and back stretching exercises. I always thought that was for girls. I've been doing the back stuff for about 6 months and can't believe results. Doc says Yoga is even better.
See you there. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 10-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK
Barefoot: Good luck on your yoga info. After 40 years of being a gym rat and lifting weights I'm unable to tie my shoes without pain. Doctor recommends Yoga and back stretching exercises. I always thought that was for girls. I've been doing the back stuff for about 6 months and can't believe results. Doc says Yoga is even better.
See you there. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Hi Jurek, you are up early today! Yoga is not just for girls, it is marvelous for general flexibility including back. Having a horse and getting dumped every so often, I used to visit the chiropractor a lot. Since I started Yoga, no more chiropractor!

If you figure out how to navigate the "Activities" information, please let me know.

Barefoot
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Sage

Barefoot...here's the trick.

Go to www.thevillages.com; click on the recreation box at the top of the page

On the recreation page, click on the link to the activities schedule pdf

When it comes up in an adobe acrobat pdf viewer window, there is an icon that looks like binoculars (this is the search function). Click on this, type in yoga as the 'find what' text and click the find button. This will find the first occurence of yoga; to find additional ones, click on the icon that is binoculars with a curved arrow (this is the 'find again' function).

These would be the 'free' sessions at the rec centers.

For the college classes (for a fee)...go to www.thevillages.net and click on the link on the left to lifelong learning college; then click on the college catalog link; then click on summer/fall catalog link; this brings up the schedule in a text window; to search click on the EDIT selection in your top menu line, then FIND option, then type in Yoga.

Good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Villages07:
From the PC impaired Thank you. :bigthumbsup:
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Sage

Villages07
Thank you so much, :2cool: -- never would have figured that out on my own!
See you in Chat!
Barefoot
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.