You can request best sellers at the Lake County Library System...

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Default You can request best sellers at the Lake County Library System...

...months before they hit the book stores. News Release: Order Tomorrow
Old 07-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

thanks for the info
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Eternal Member

Some of the best sellers at the Lady Lake library only have a one week reserve/read period and no renewal. So be careful how many best sellers you reserve at one time.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Some of the best sellers at the Lady Lake library only have a one week reserve/read period and no renewal. So be careful how many best sellers you reserve at one time.
That's true. They do seem to come all at once when I put them on hold. Maybe, with their new lease arrangement, they will allow some of these to be out for more than just a week.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That's true. They do seem to come all at once when I put them on hold. Maybe, with their new lease arrangement, they will allow some of these to be out for more than just a week.
Several years ago the new releases at LL were on a two week rental. One day I got several books out of the LL library and put them in my system and noticed a one week reserve. I called and asked and they said that was the rule - but could not tell me when they were activated. I did some quick reading that week!!

I still use LL for older books. They are on a three week reserve. I use VL for the new releases as they are still two weeks.

BUT if I see a book I just have to have, I might use the LL library and the one week reserve. Thanks for the info.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Several years ago the new releases at LL were on a two week rental. One day I got several books out of the LL library and put them in my system and noticed a one week reserve. I called and asked and they said that was the rule - but could not tell me when they were activated. I did some quick reading that week!!

I still use LL for older books. They are on a three week reserve. I use VL for the new releases as they are still two weeks.

BUT if I see a book I just have to have, I might use the LL library and the one week reserve. Thanks for the info.

Z
On a sadder note, the Lake County Library System is changing high demand DVDs (those with 3 or more holds) to just three days. I usually use the Lake County Library System to look at the DVD extras you often to do find in "Rental Only" DVDs from Netflix.com or Blockbuster.com.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.