You can't fix stupid !!!! -- unrestrained kids in golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If I thought that you telling someone to stop doing something would help, I would encourage you to do that. But I am a student of human behavior, most people would just be ****ed off.
Right you are! I tend to save my experiences for family and friends and those uninitiated who have not as of yet reached adulthood. Even then it is more of a heads-up as opposed to any sort of chastising. When you engage with another adult to offer up your opinion be prepared to hear what you can do with your opinion.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Veteran member

When we see people doing stupid things that don't affect us we just say: Not My Monkey Not my circus, and go on having a great day. It's how we try to lead a stress free life.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 AM

I agree with granny, one accident one less future villager, hang in there granny you may be helping limit the population expansion.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
When we see people doing stupid things that don't affect us we just say: Not My Monkey Not my circus, and go on having a great day. It's how we try to lead a stress free life.
I like it! I'm de-stressing as I type...
Old 04-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
I like that saying. Use it all the time.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Picture this!!!!

I'm sitting in one of those wooden chairs in front of the radio station at Lake Sumter the other evening, just listening to the music and watching the golf carts and people go by.

Lo and behold, here comes an old fool in a golf cart going about 110mph,
and decides to make a left turn Well the dog fell out onto the pavement, the guy panicked, came to s screeching stop in the middle of the road, jumped out of his cart to get the dog. Don't know why he didn't get run over.

Oh well, just another Darwin candidate.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 AM

Keep in mind, what you observed as wrong, does not make it so. If that was a means of correcting dangerous things done by people, you would need to remind every villager you run into about the dangers of drinking, smoking, having unprotected sex, driving with one hand, texting while driving, eating while driving, reading while driving, golfing without sun protection, swimming without a life preserver, doing yard work without eye protection, all of which could get your butt kicked, but especially telling someone how to raise their grandchild.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I'm sitting in one of those wooden chairs in front of the radio station at Lake Sumter the other evening, just listening to the music and watching the golf carts and people go by.

Lo and behold, here comes an old fool in a golf cart going about 110mph,
and decides to make a left turn Well the dog fell out onto the pavement, the guy panicked, came to s screeching stop in the middle of the road, jumped out of his cart to get the dog. Don't know why he didn't get run over.

Oh well, just another Darwin candidate.
Saw the same incident this week----golf cart came through the Belvedere Gate---when he made turn onto Churchhill-- his dog either jumped or fell out of golf cart---landed on his side----I cringed----the dog got up---looking rather stunned---it was a fairly large stocky bulldog/pitbull type --- I still wonder if he is o.k.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
How would you have felt if you didn't say something and the child was seriously injured a few yards up the road. It's like people that ride bicycles or motorcycles without helmets, and when they are involved in an accident and become a vegetable, their family expects the government to take care of them. I applaud you for speaking up...
but dude, I like the feel of bugs and gravel on my head!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
How would you have felt if you didn't say something and the child was seriously injured a few yards up the road. It's like people that ride bicycles or motorcycles without helmets, and when they are involved in an accident and become a vegetable, their family expects the government to take care of them. I applaud you for speaking up...
I cannot remember where I read or heard this regarding people riding bikes without helmets, but the saying is ....................

"well, they obviously have nothing to protect"

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I cannot remember where I read or heard this regarding people riding bikes without helmets, but the saying is ....................

"well, they obviously have nothing to protect"
A doctor we know said that accidents with, no helmets on bikes and motorcycles are where they get most of their organs for transplantation. So maybe the fates are stepping in to take from the reckless and give to the deserving.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
When we (I) were young we all did stupid things. Thankfully most of us learned the hard way without significant damage.

But for the grace of God there go I!
I've wondered how I made it with my stupidity.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage

If we screw up on our own,-no problem, but if your parents or grandparents negligence causes you harm--shame on them --I don't think this is a negotiable item--but knowing the talk of the villages verbal gymnasts --I'm ready
Old 04-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The thing is that in order to be perfectly safe we would never do anything. I know of a couple of guys in Massachusetts who were driving up the highway with their seat belts fastened and doing the speed limit. A small plane crashed into their car.

To listen to some of you, we would never get into a car, never ride a bicycle and certainly never ride in a golf cart. There is not way that we can be protected or protect our loved ones from everything. It's up to each of us to determine exactly what risks we'll take and which we won't.

Where everyone draws the line is their own choice and is no one else's business unless a law is being violated.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Sage

Again-its not us--its the defenseless
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.