You can't fix stupid !!!! -- unrestrained kids in golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Sage

When we moved here we thought that since were moving amongst adults that had been there and done that, that we wouldn't come across much of anything that would make us shake our heads. Coming from a population of many ages, it didn't surprise us with what we saw the younger kids doing. However, I am beginning to think just the opposite. Many of us are parents and grand parents and it amazes me to see how negligent and careless many are, whether it be with a car, golf cart, at the gas pump or what ever. I guess the saying "as you grow older you get wiser" is just that.....a saying.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Again-its not us--its the defenseless
Well, then I guess you're the one that has been appointed to tell everyone where to draw the line.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Platinum member

was waiting at a luggage carousel at an airport one time....very small child was climbing onto the carousel, crawling on it, etc. the adults in charge of him were chatting away oblivious...I watched and thought it was not my business....but my mommy instincts forced me to point out the adults the danger if the carousel started. They said something like "we just got him" so don't know if a new adoption or what....I tried to mind my own business but if that kid had got caught in a moving carousel I wouldn't have been able to live with myself. If they had told me to bug off, I would have been ok because at least I tried.

also, I'm all for individual freedom, but if someone chooses to ignore common sense either for themselves or their loved ones and ends up requiring constant care...then the family should be responsible for the cost of the care....but that won't be the case....Medicaid will be paying for it and thus it becomes our business as tax payers
Old 04-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
safety, safety, safety - why don't all you nervous nellies move into your plastic bubbles and mind your own business. Maybe you should not go outside because you might get an insect bite? Yeesh. I agree mind your own business!
"Nervous Nellies" my foot!! i dont want to be the unlucky person with a conscience under whose car wheels two little toddlers fly out under, when the cart driver hits a curb or makes a sudden move the mom's not expecting. i dont want to live with such a scene in my mind for the rest of my life!

Running over a cat once when it darted across a road in front of me at night was a sickening sound under my minivan that I will never forget. i cant even imagine running over a baby or any human!!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Advice:" wise men don't need it, fools don't heed it"
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
was waiting at a luggage carousel at an airport one time....very small child was climbing onto the carousel, crawling on it, etc. the adults in charge of him were chatting away oblivious...I watched and thought it was not my business....but my mommy instincts forced me to point out the adults the danger if the carousel started. They said something like "we just got him" so don't know if a new adoption or what....I tried to mind my own business but if that kid had got caught in a moving carousel I wouldn't have been able to live with myself. If they had told me to bug off, I would have been ok because at least I tried.

also, I'm all for individual freedom, but if someone chooses to ignore common sense either for themselves or their loved ones and ends up requiring constant care...then the family should be responsible for the cost of the care....but that won't be the case....Medicaid will be paying for it and thus it becomes our business as tax payers
I am in total agreement with your actions at the airport and I'm sure many of us would have reacted the same way. However, where does one draw the line in meddling in other peoples affairs? Certainly the crux of your argument to intervene is not Medicaid unless of course you are quite prepared to hassle all smokers, overeaters, stress prone individuals, or heedless risk takers.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

actually no one else said anything.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.