Are you a Cruiseship fan ?

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2021, 06:11 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Default Are you a Cruiseship fan ?

If you are going to comment on here for the sole intent of bashing cruiseships or cruise fans, just pass on by

So, pardon my ignorance.

Vaccinated people can socialize indoors with no distancing or masks.....

Vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks outdoors......

yet, somehow a cruise ship with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers is dangerous??....

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 04-29-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Once we can get back on a ship and not have to wear a mask we are back to cruising.

Do not understand why it has not started yet for those of us vaccinated with a crew that was also vaccinated.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

The government is not in support of discriminating between vax or no vax....hence the stalemate.

Maybe they could offer vax and non vax cruises!

When the cruise lines start pulling their ships from US ports, the politicians will wake up!
Old 04-29-2021, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Floating Petri dishes even before Covid , people overeating and drinking , massive ships over crowding small tourist areas and damaging world heritage sites and polluting the waters in places like Venice . WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE ???
Old 04-29-2021, 08:25 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Once we can get back on a ship and not have to wear a mask we are back to cruising.

Do not understand why it has not started yet for those of us vaccinated with a crew that was also vaccinated.
I know - I posted this, then saw the latest CDC guidelines, which is a step in the right direction!

1. Ships can bypass the required simulated test voyages carrying volunteers and jump to sailings with paying passengers if 98% of crew and 95% of passengers are fully vaccinated.

2. CDC will review and respond to applications from cruise lines for simulated voyages within 5 days, a review previously expected to take 60 days.

3. CDC will update its testing and quarantine requirements for passengers and crew on sailings with paying passengers to align with the CDC's guidance for fully vaccinated people. So, for example, instead of taking a PCR lab test ahead of boarding vaccinated passengers can take a rapid antigen test upon embarkation.

4. CDC has clarified that cruise ship operators may enter into a "multi-port agreement" rather than a single port agreement as long as all port and local authorities sign the agreement. '

CDC to cruise industry: U.S. cruises could potentially restart in July
Old 04-29-2021, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The government is not in support of discriminating between vax or no vax....hence the stalemate.

Maybe they could offer vax and non vax cruises!

When the cruise lines start pulling their ships from US ports, the politicians will wake up!
yeah, we are seeing that. Looks good that they are softening their stance!
Old 04-29-2021, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We are cruising this winter. However, we are somewhat different from a lot of people who cruise. We do not use the pools, we do not lay out in the pool area and we do not dine early. We use the cruise ship as our own personal floating hotel. We spend a lot of time on our balcony, we are very early risers and use the deck for walking and sitting out in the fresh air. We eat in the dining rooms at a later time than most and we have no problem wearing masks when we find ourselves in a crowded area.

We will be careful and will probably not leave the ship at the various ports .... been there, done that!!!!

We like our own company and we like being on the water, so cruising is a great way for us to spend some time together.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 04-29-2021 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,012 Times in 453 Posts

Yes, we are cruiseship fans. Azamara is our current favorite.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

I have been on nine cruises and maybe in a year or so will go on my tenth. If the staff and all the guests are vaccinated, what's so dangerous? I don't think it's much different than what we go through in everyday life.

We should not close this thread because someone dislikes cruising.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
We should not close this thread because someone dislikes cruising.
I agree - and the excitement will start to grow as we return to cruising, hopefully in the next few months!
Old 04-29-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,377 Times in 2,059 Posts

I will be vaccinated so I don't care and don't want to know about anyone else on the cruise. My only fear is that someone will get the sniffles and there will be an overreaction.

If the CDC has an interest in fighting vaccination hesitancy then they need to get more realistic with their guidelines. Saying the vaccines are 95% effective but also saying that to be safe the vaccinated must still wear masks indoors is contradictory and not helpful.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-29-2021, 11:26 AM

We are hard core cruisers (30+ cruises all over the world and on different size ships) and have booked to go again in the coming year. I am a strong advocate that everyone who boards the ship be vaccinated unless there is a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated. In that case, the person should be tested every couple of days since they probably will be going ashore. Of course, if they have a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated, they probably should avoid cruising altogether.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
We are hard core cruisers (30+ cruises all over the world and on different size ships) and have booked to go again in the coming year. I am a strong advocate that everyone who boards the ship be vaccinated unless there is a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated. In that case, the person should be tested every couple of days since they probably will be going ashore. Of course, if they have a valid medical reason not to be vaccinated, they probably should avoid cruising altogether.
I agree entirely. What may make the difference is when ports require vaccination. I doubt if they will separate cruises into vaccine-reuire and vaccine-optional. Too much work. Better to err on the side of health and caution and just require everyone to be vaccinated.

Its a bit amusing when people make comments on social media and never cruising again if they have to get a vaccine, or that they are going to boycott a particular cruise line. They are taking an international health crisis as a personal attack on their freedoms.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Wait a minute... the thread is asking are you a cruise ship fan? Although I belong to a yacht club, the answer is, on pain of death, No! Crowds, confinement and sea sickness are my nightmare. Experienced all of these before .

And, by the way, if you want advertisement from me, I have to be paid. (I am an ex ESL teacher.)

Last edited by Velvet; 04-29-2021 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I will be vaccinated so I don't care and don't want to know about anyone else on the cruise. My only fear is that someone will get the sniffles and there will be an overreaction.

If the CDC has an interest in fighting vaccination hesitancy then they need to get more realistic with their guidelines. Saying the vaccines are 95% effective but also saying that to be safe the vaccinated must still wear masks indoors is contradictory and not helpful.
Well it's a good thing that the CDC hasn't said that vaccinated people "must" wear masks indoors, isn't it?

They recommend it, for reasons that have been explained in a few other threads that you've already been an active participant in.

Stop spreading rhetoric. No one is denying you your rights, no one is being contradictory, and the CDC is being helpful with their RECOMMENDATIONS (which are something other than mandates - you can look that up for yourself).

As for me, I really love the concept of cruising, and I loved our first cruise. I also liked hanging out at the bar on our last cruise. But I'm not a fan of a few thousand people all stuck on the same boat with no escape for days at a time. I've told my spouse that I'd like for our next cruise to be a river cruise, on a small boat that accommodates only a few hundred people.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccinated, people, cruise, masks, ship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.