Are you a Cruiseship fan ?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 05-03-2021, 09:24 AM
shut the front door shut the front door is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 191
Thanks: 148
Thanked 546 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Floating Petri dishes even before Covid , people overeating and drinking , massive ships over crowding small tourist areas and damaging world heritage sites and polluting the waters in places like Venice . WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE ???
Did you miss the first line of the OP?
"If you are going to comment on here for the sole intent of bashing cruiseships or cruise fans, just pass on by".
Just couldn't help yourself.
  #32  
Old 05-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Tmarkwald's Avatar
Tmarkwald Tmarkwald is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Posts: 678
Thanks: 115
Thanked 690 Times in 292 Posts
Default

There are pictures posted from Michael Bayley (Royal Caribbean) of the crews being vaccinated as we speak at Miami and Port Canaveral in preparation for a early to mid-July restart.

Explorer of the Seas crews were vaccinated on May 1st, and Celebrity Equinox and Liberty of the Seas were started yesterday.


All good news!
  #33  
Old 05-03-2021, 12:08 PM
brfree1411@aol.com brfree1411@aol.com is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: 1040 Ivawood Way
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Does, crew, port personnel & all passengers have vaccination proof? If yes, there is still at least a 5% chance of getting virus. Although, my husband & I have loved cruising many times, it is not worth taking the chance. I will wait.
  #34  
Old 05-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Tmarkwald's Avatar
Tmarkwald Tmarkwald is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Posts: 678
Thanks: 115
Thanked 690 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfree1411@aol.com View Post
Does, crew, port personnel & all passengers have vaccination proof? If yes, there is still at least a 5% chance of getting virus. Although, my husband & I have loved cruising many times, it is not worth taking the chance. I will wait.
Know the facts .... you are saying 1 in every 20 people WILL GET COVID.. I have no idea where you got those stats from....

According to the CDC----the COVID infection rate among those fully vaccinated is 0.008%. Actually, the CDC reports 5,814 breakthrough cases out of 85 million vaccinated, which by math is 0.00694%

"Last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 5,814 breakthrough cases out of more than 85 million people fully vaccinated in the U.S. Public health experts said those numbers show how well the vaccine protects you"

Translation: Only 1 in 13,000 people who were fully vaccinated got COVID, and probably fewer than that could "pass it on" which means even on a Mega-Ship like oasis class, it is ONE person in every TWO fully booked cruises. And they probably won't even know they had it!

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 05-03-2021 at 12:25 PM.
  #35  
Old 05-03-2021, 12:20 PM
MDLNB MDLNB is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TV
Posts: 17,714
Thanks: 577
Thanked 184 Times in 60 Posts
Default

"Are you a Cruiseship fan ?"
Nope, I am not a fan. Can't see the allure of it when you can get everything here EXCEPT the great rocking to sleep you get when at sea. Of course, you can still purchase a water bed somewhere, I believe.
I figure that if I want a taste of traveling overseas again, I can visit Epcot at Disney World.
  #36  
Old 05-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,095
Thanks: 477
Thanked 7,080 Times in 2,311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
"Are you a Cruiseship fan ?"
Nope, I am not a fan. Can't see the allure of it when you can get everything here EXCEPT the great rocking to sleep you get when at sea. Of course, you can still purchase a water bed somewhere, I believe.
I figure that if I want a taste of traveling overseas again, I can visit Epcot at Disney World.
Guess you didnt read the OP's comments on the beginning of the thread.
  #37  
Old 05-03-2021, 03:20 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,597
Thanks: 302
Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Know the facts .... you are saying 1 in every 20 people WILL GET COVID.. I have no idea where you got those stats from....

According to the CDC----the COVID infection rate among those fully vaccinated is 0.008%. Actually, the CDC reports 5,814 breakthrough cases out of 85 million vaccinated, which by math is 0.00694%

"Last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 5,814 breakthrough cases out of more than 85 million people fully vaccinated in the U.S. Public health experts said those numbers show how well the vaccine protects you"

Translation: Only 1 in 13,000 people who were fully vaccinated got COVID, and probably fewer than that could "pass it on" which means even on a Mega-Ship like oasis class, it is ONE person in every TWO fully booked cruises. And they probably won't even know they had it!
I'm quoting this post just to see how the green text shows up against the green quote box back round. Here goes........

EDIT: ......not too bad. I can still read it!
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #38  
Old 05-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Garywt Garywt is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 399 Times in 157 Posts
Default

We love to cruise but it has been awhile. We had to cancel this past February and have Alaska booked for Sept 2022. One of the big draws of The Villages is to be able to do more cruising. Once we get our life in order and can spend more time in Florida we will take advantage.
  #39  
Old 05-04-2021, 05:07 AM
Tmarkwald's Avatar
Tmarkwald Tmarkwald is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Posts: 678
Thanks: 115
Thanked 690 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I'm quoting this post just to see how the green text shows up against the green quote box back round. Here goes........

EDIT: ......not too bad. I can still read it!
HA HA HA HA - I never even thought of that. Talk about thinking outside 'the box' ...
  #40  
Old 05-04-2021, 05:13 AM
Tmarkwald's Avatar
Tmarkwald Tmarkwald is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Posts: 678
Thanks: 115
Thanked 690 Times in 292 Posts
Default

In Miami, today, Freedom of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas operational crews are being vaccinated. Within the week, all of the mid sized fleet from Royal Caribbean will be fully vaccinated in anticipation of a earl/mid July cruise restart!
  #41  
Old 05-04-2021, 06:53 AM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,597
Thanks: 302
Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
HA HA HA HA - I never even thought of that. Talk about thinking outside 'the box' ...
Glad I gave you a chuckle.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #42  
Old 05-04-2021, 08:14 AM
MrFlorida MrFlorida is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 44
Thanks: 37
Thanked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Yes, we are cruise ship fans.
  #43  
Old 05-04-2021, 08:16 AM
Tmarkwald's Avatar
Tmarkwald Tmarkwald is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Posts: 678
Thanks: 115
Thanked 690 Times in 292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Yes, we are cruise ship fans.
Awesome, an answer without drama!
  #44  
Old 05-04-2021, 04:57 PM
bilcon bilcon is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 779
Thanks: 5
Thanked 467 Times in 195 Posts
Default

We love traveling, and after 20 years of land tours and Island resorts, we starting cruising and now have been on 35 cruises. We can't wait to start again. We like Viking Ocean Ships, Celebrity, Regent, Sea Dream Yacht Club, and Oceania. When our children were young we went on RCCL, but now we want quiet. It you are going someplace for the first time and really want an in-depth experience, don't go by ship.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."

Last edited by bilcon; 05-04-2021 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
  #45  
Old 05-04-2021, 06:45 PM
unialimon unialimon is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Dane Co Wi (Unfortunately), The Villages
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I don't, tried it didn't like it, but they are good for Florida economy so I hope the return soon.
Reply

Tags
vaccinated, people, cruise, masks, ship

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.