Wow

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Location: Lived in Vermont for 52 years now at Smithmountainlake ,VA
Default Wow

Just got back from florida and we were able to spend a day at the villiages, met with a sales rep Jim Mclaughlin really a super guy, was amazed how big it is. He took us around and showed us everything, you never have to leave there you can do all your shopping there. After lunch we drove by ourselves to check out different neighborhoods, i was wondering did anyone else seem over whelmed when they first arrived?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg802 View Post
Just got back from florida and we were able to spend a day at the villiages, met with a sales rep Jim Mclaughlin really a super guy, was amazed how big it is. He took us around and showed us everything, you never have to leave there you can do all your shopping there. After lunch we drove by ourselves to check out different neighborhoods, i was wondering did anyone else seem over whelmed when they first arrived?
I felt like a kid in a candy store!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

I can understand how you are overwhelmed but our first reaction was more amazement and excitement. 5 years later we still can get lost on the golf cart paths but we considerate it an adventure.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:

We bought a house in January after one visit for six days. We were overwhelmed with everything. We still are amazed. We are amazed at the places you go in your golf cart and the great things there are to do in The Villages.

We are amazed with the friends we've made and the people we meet and talk to casually and the wonderful stories about life we have heard. It is a fantastic life and a special feeling that I haven't had in any of the other countless places I have lived.

Welcome greg802!! I hope you find a home in The Villages. We are still overwhelmed. (We still get lost too, but every turn is a new adventure and I LOVE IT!!)
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

YES. Isn't it lovely? You will find your way around. It took me a LOT longer than I am willing to admit.

Welcome!!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, amazed, overwhelmed, excited. It's funny too. We've had quite a few family members and friends visit us in TV. But, no matter how much I'd tried to explain the place in advance, their reactions have always been...

Amazed, Overwhelmed, Excited.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Sage

We're still feeling overwhelmed............and we've been coming to TV from time to time for a couple of years, a week or two here and there. In just the last couple of trips, we've started to feel like we're getting our arms around it all - where things are, how to best get to them, etc., etc.

Don't worry - it's normal!!!

Bill
Old 11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Gold member

5 years ago we came for a visit as we had friends who lived here. We thought it was a neat place and contacted a realtor who showed us around never really pushing for a sale. In any case 3 days later we bought a house which was not really on our agenda. As it turned out the location (Poinciana) is a great location, primarily if you're a golfer which we were unaware of at the time when we purchased.

We had lived the previous 32 years in the same house in Neptune, NJ and hadn't planned on moving. What we realized after we made the move was that we were in a rut and never realized it. Moving here revitalized our life. Obviously we never looked back.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Sometimes being overwhelmed comes some from not knowing

where you are at any given moment and having no base line. We found that if you get the map of The Villages and mark where are/have been it helps significantly.

btk
Old 11-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Sage

greg802:

WOW - the title of your post says it all. There are no amount of words to describe TV as it has to be seen to be believed. I was overwhelmed on my first visit fours years ago by the beauty, the people and the lifestyle.

I've been on two LSV's but will need a lot more time on the golf cart paths before I say I really know my way around.

I would have bought on the spot if I could have afforded to carry two homes.

I see that this is your first post.

Welcome to TOTV.

It is a storehouse of information and very entertaing.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 11-22-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Default Great, isn't it!!!!!

Quote:
Hi Greg802, We felt the same initially but now can't wait to move there - hopefully in 2011 - AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Jim is also our agent and is so patient, knowledgeable and most important - not pushy! Good luck in your search! TOTV is the best for info and the unbelievable people that contribute!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

We stopped at TV 5 years old on a lark as we were going to visit some friend in Ocala. 1 hour of a salesperson time sold us. 5 years later here we are with a brand new house in Bonita.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.