You get 8 free at home coronavirus tests a month

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2022, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
CDC is no longer on the trust radar..They will never have anyone trusting much coming from them....Also FDA blew it bad...no longer to be trusted.....The WHO never was to be trusted...so where are we with this...who knows!
only the Shadow knows....... and of course TOTV
Old 01-13-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
only the Shadow knows....... and of course TOTV
How long can you test positive after a COVID-19 test? - YouTube
Old 01-13-2022, 11:56 AM

If you get one of thsese..toss it!

Stop Using LuSys Laboratories COVID-19 Tests: FDA Safety Communication | FDA
Old 01-13-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Just found out an additional 500 million tests have been ordered...so that is on top of the original 500 million....someone wants to make sure a bunch of positive test appear quick....wonder why?
Old 01-13-2022, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Save money and use the Canadian method of Covid testing.
Open a beer
Smell the beer
Taste the beer
Can you smell and taste the beer?
Just to make sure, repeat this test several times. If you get the same result, that you can smell and taste the beer, you don't have Covid.
The next day, if you wake up with a headache, you may want to start testing over again.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Perhaps because a positive test does not provide any information about immunity.
I'm fairly confident if someone catches COVID they have immunity no worse than those who received the vaccine.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
I'm fairly confident if someone catches COVID they have immunity no worse than those who received the vaccine.
And your education, experience, and clinical acumen for that degree of confidence is.......???????
Old 01-13-2022, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Just found out an additional 500 million tests have been ordered...so that is on top of the original 500 million....someone wants to make sure a bunch of positive test appear quick....wonder why?
Pretty sure it's the same 500 million that were never ordered in the first place...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-13-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Pretty sure it's the same 500 million that were never ordered in the first place...
Biden Says U.S. to Procure 500 Million More Covid-19 Tests - WSJ

WASHINGTON—President Biden said he is directing his administration to procure 500 million additional at-home rapid Covid-19 tests to meet demand around the country, doubling the number of tests the U.S. plans to send to the public free of charge.

“That means a billion tests in total to meet future demand,” Mr. Biden said at the White House on Thursday. He added that he plans next week to detail a plan to provide free masks to Americans.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Biden Says U.S. to Procure 500 Million More Covid-19 Tests - WSJ

WASHINGTON—President Biden said he is directing his administration to procure 500 million additional at-home rapid Covid-19 tests to meet demand around the country, doubling the number of tests the U.S. plans to send to the public free of charge.

“That means a billion tests in total to meet future demand,” Mr. Biden said at the White House on Thursday. He added that he plans next week to detail a plan to provide free masks to Americans.
Interesting. I haven't seen the news today.

But this is hysterical, especially since they still haven't finalized the INITIAL 1/2 a Billion tests (at leas as of yesterday...)

-Tom Petty
Old 01-13-2022, 10:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
And your education, experience, and clinical acumen for that degree of confidence is.......???????
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...114v1.full.pdf

Abstract

BACKGROUND
Infection with SARS-CoV-2 provides substantial natural immunity against reinfection. Recent studies have shown strong waning of the immunity provided by the BNT162b2 vaccine. The time course of natural and hybrid immunity is unknown.

METHODS
Data on confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infections were extracted from the Israeli Ministry of Health database for the period August to September 2021 regarding all persons previously infected or vaccinated. We compared infection rates as a function of time since the last immunity-conferring event using Poisson regression, adjusting for possible confounding factors.

RESULTS
Confirmed infection rates increased according to time elapsed since the last immunity-conferring event in all cohorts. For unvaccinated previously infected individuals they increased from 10.5 per 100,000 risk-days for those previously infected 4-6 months ago to 30.2 for those previously infected over a year ago. For individuals receiving a single dose following prior infection they increased from 3.7 per 100,000 person days among those vaccinated in the past two months to 11.6 for those vaccinated over 6 months ago. For vaccinated previously uninfected individuals the rate per 100,000 person days increased from 21.1 for persons vaccinated within the first two months to 88.9 for those vaccinated more than 6 months ago.

CONCLUSIONS
Protection from reinfection decreases with time since previous infection, but is, nevertheless, higher than that conferred by vaccination with two doses at a similar time since the last immunity-conferring event. A single vaccine dose after infection helps to restore protection

Duration of SARS-CoV-2 Natural Immunity and Protection against the Delta Variant: A Retrospective Cohort Study - PubMed

Conclusions: SARS-CoV-2 infection is highly protective against reinfection with the Delta variant. Immunity from prior infection lasts for at least 13 months. Countries facing vaccine shortages should consider delaying vaccinations for previously infected patients to increase access.

Necessity of COVID-19 vaccination in previously infected individuals | medRxiv

Summary Cumulative incidence of COVID-19 was examined among 52238 employees in an American healthcare system. COVID-19 did not occur in anyone over the five months of the study among 2579 individuals previously infected with COVID-19, including 1359 who did not take the vaccine.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2110300

Protection by previous SARS-CoV-2 infection against reinfection with the beta variant was observed, even 1 year after the primary infection, but protection was slightly lower than that against the alpha variant and wild-type virus circulating in Qatar.3-5 These findings give some insights into the hypothesis that natural immunity may provide protection against known variants of concern.

Omicron Scare: Is WHO Ignoring Natural Immunity To Promote Covid-19 Vaccines?

"Real world population studies from Israel after the rollout of vaccination has established that such naturally acquired immunity is 13 times more robust than that induced by vaccines. Translating this in practice one can say that a person who has recovered from a natural infection has already received 13 boosters! Why can’t the WHO see this and include it into its advisories?” Banerjee said.

He added, “Stands to common sense, even if we ignore the science, which is all too frequent in this pandemic. One who catches the infection harbours the whole virus for roughly 13 days in the body. Vaccine tries to mimic this by injecting a dose of attenuated part of the virus or with newly developed technology gene-based vaccine which stimulates the body to produce only part of the viral component – the spike protein. A double injection of the vaccine and a booster makes three, not thirteen!”

"It looks WHO is confused. On one side they are saying both vaccine and natural immunity provides equal protection, on the other, they are not ready to agree to consider those who recovered from infection as already immunized. In fact, real study data indicates natural infection elicits far better immune responses and protection,” Prof Das said.

https://techstartups.com/2021/12/14/...ural-immunity/
Old 01-13-2022, 11:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
So much mis-information spread on Faux news and social media, and people bought into that nonsense. Maybe people finally got it through their heads that the virus is deadly, after over 3/4 of a million people have died.

Political bias opinion, moderator?
Old 01-14-2022, 06:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Quote:
Never said I disagreed with the statement......
Old 01-14-2022, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

"never let a good crisis go to waste"

I believe it was one of our resident medical professional posters that said that the more tests being conducted will boost the number of positive infection numbers on record. If everyone was given "8" test kits and out of those "8" tests, one was positive and the rest negative, the numbers on record would still go up as another infection. For those that panic every time they see on the media that another hundred thousand infections have been reported, take that into consideration. I am not suggesting that covid is not real. I am only suggesting, as has been suggested by others that they need a better system of counting infections.
An expert on here (and we seem to have many) can correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that a person can show NO symptoms of TB, yet still test positive on a TB test. I was told that you could (correct me if I am wrong) test positive for TB yet not have TB. That it could indicate that you had been exposed to TB by someone that you were in contact with. If that makes any sense.
My only interest in COVID reporting has to do with the hospitalizations due ONLY to Covid and the deaths due solely to Covid. This other stuff regarding, he was tested at the hospital when he was admitted for a heart attack, or for a stroke, etc. does not totally mean he died or was hospitalized due to COVID. It might have been a contributing factor, but not the root cause. Kind of like the infamous report about the death of a motorcyclist in an accident being contributed to Covid.
But, I digress once again.
I have no use for a Covid test. I do not need it for employment, a cruise or any other international travel. Am I curious? Why? I was told to have confidence in the vaccination, so I am confident that not only will I not catch COvid but that even if I do, I won't die because of it. I am at an age where I could die from OLD AGE, and I am sure that the powers that be would label the cause as Covid if they test me, but I guess that won't matter much by then.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Somebody is getting real rich off all these FREE test kits.
Closed Thread

Tags
month, coronavirus, tests, at-home, member

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.