Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   You get 8 free at home coronavirus tests a month (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/you-get-8-free-home-coronavirus-tests-month-328088/)

Dana1963 01-12-2022 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdjed (Post 2048702)
You are not considering the government mandates being forced by OSHA if you happen to be "unvaccinated". That requires a weekly test. Supposedly not to be enforced until Feb 9, if not affected by the Supreme Court.

Surprisingly to get into the Supreme Court you must be vaccinated, masked and have a negative test to get admitted. Will rule on mandate from questioning it seems like the Supreme Court will reject the Administrations argument. I other words “screw everyone but us”.

christine J Toft 01-12-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2048344)
It was announced today that insurance companies have to pay for eight at-home coronavirus tests per member per month. Any thoughts on how much Medicare premiums go up next year?

I also read that Medicare is NOT part of this government program. Only private insurance companies.

mkjelenbaas 01-12-2022 07:36 AM

What did you find out when you did a google?

Love2Swim 01-12-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 2048682)
Why was there no test panic last year when the fear of the day was the killer delta?

We went from little testing and long vaccine lines in 2020/2021 and now with almost 50% vaccinated long, long testing lines and now authorizing 8 per month.

Totally and completely ridiculous!

Lemmings!

So much mis-information spread on Faux news and social media, and people bought into that nonsense. Maybe people finally got it through their heads that the virus is deadly, after over 3/4 of a million people have died.

tsmall22204 01-12-2022 07:46 AM

Why did you start this?

donassaid 01-12-2022 07:49 AM

Fake numbers, fake news. Check out the global mortality rate over the last 4 years. It has stayed consistently at .76%. So much for a contrived global "planned demic". What you should be asking is how many of these lives could have been spared by making Hydroxochloroquine and Ivermectin readily available.

mlmarr 01-12-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2048344)
It was announced today that insurance companies have to pay for eight at-home coronavirus tests per member per month. Any thoughts on how much Medicare premiums go up next year?

more added nonsense, America is going broke and people just stay on this band wagon. when did you test every time, you had a cough, a runny nose or a body ache.

ThirdOfFive 01-12-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 2048682)
Why was there no test panic last year when the fear of the day was the killer delta?

We went from little testing and long vaccine lines in 2020/2021 and now with almost 50% vaccinated long, long testing lines and now authorizing 8 per month.

Totally and completely ridiculous!

Lemmings!

Well, I was thinking "sheep", but lemmings also fits.

Craziness abounds. I was reading the other day where several states are now allowing COVID-positive workers to remain on their jobs in health care settings if they're showing "no or only mild symptoms". So does someone wanna take a stab at explaining just how firing totally healthy people who refuse to get vaccinated and then allowing people WITH COVID to work around sick and vulnerable people, makes any sense?

Bay Kid 01-12-2022 08:06 AM

Pure fear and control. Nothing is free. Some working person is paying for this.

ThirdOfFive 01-12-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2048711)
So if I have no symptom’s test today at noon negative, I go out on town and come home at 6 pm do I need to test again? O wait what a lot tomorrow, the next day, next week….. we now live in panic world.

Bingo!

In Minnesota the media is pleading for people NOT to go to the E.R. or Urgent Care for tests. They're overflowing with people who are NOT sick but who get tested anyway, and apparently repeatedly, for COVID. It has reached the point where legitimately sick people cannot get emergency services.

Ever see a herd of animals panic and run blindly, all in the same direction? Sheep will do that, among other herd animals. They charge blindly toward what they envision as safety.

Apparently human sheep are pretty much the same.

quietpine 01-12-2022 08:10 AM

Something to think about when you order a test because you think maybe you might have symptoms.

Marine1974 01-12-2022 08:28 AM

There going somewhere.

toeser 01-12-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 2048600)
The insurance companies don't have to worry much because even **IF** you wanted ONE you couldn't find it. :)

And then there is this:
Americans on Medicare won’t be eligible for the federal reimbursement plan, though Medicare already covers Covid-19 tests conducted in labs, and Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program plans are already required to fully reimburse the costs of FDA-approved tests.
Biden Requires Insurance Companies To Cover Free At-Home Covid Tests Starting This Weekend

Well, it's not like older people have a need for testing. /S

golfing eagles 01-12-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donassaid (Post 2048795)
Fake numbers, fake news. Check out the global mortality rate over the last 4 years. It has stayed consistently at .76%. So much for a contrived global "planned demic". What you should be asking is how many of these lives could have been spared by making Hydroxochloroquine and Ivermectin readily available.

short answer-----ZERO

NotGolfer 01-12-2022 09:11 AM

I had heard a while back that these tests are inconclusive. A close family member got tested twice---1st time was positive and 2nd was negative. NO symptoms!! I agree that unless you have symptoms or need one to travel (which I also think is ludicrous) then go for it. FEAR has been so prevelant these last couple of years it's palpable.