You get 8 free at home coronavirus tests a month

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2022, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Well, I was thinking "sheep", but lemmings also fits.

Craziness abounds. I was reading the other day where several states are now allowing COVID-positive workers to remain on their jobs in health care settings if they're showing "no or only mild symptoms". So does someone wanna take a stab at explaining just how firing totally healthy people who refuse to get vaccinated and then allowing people WITH COVID to work around sick and vulnerable people, makes any sense?
Politics
Public opinion polls
Media hype
Internet garbage

Anything but the real medical science
Old 01-12-2022, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
So much mis-information spread on Faux news and social media, and people bought into that nonsense. Maybe people finally got it through their heads that the virus is deadly, after over 3/4 of a million people have died.
And where, pray tell, do you get your "accurate" news?

-Tom Petty
Old 01-12-2022, 09:41 AM

I read it is for private insurance only. NOT for those with Medicare. Please check your facts before spreading misinformation.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:40 AM

This does NOT apply to Medicare. Medicare does NOT cover at home tests. Go figure...
Old 01-12-2022, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

most don't understand how medicare really works . Once a year , medicare adjusts payments to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies etc and thus can jiggle all they want if the idea is to keep costs reasonable or not. rates went up this year on the basis that an alzeimers drug will cost $ 56,000 a year . Still not approved however, that means , medicare may have a SURPLUS for next year.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:20 AM
Default Working folks

It appears many of you have not talked to your still working children. When they report being exposed they can’t go to work without a negative test. If the had covid they can’t go back until they have a negative test. Tests take over a week to even get scheduled & PCR tests another day. All the time they are at home not getting paid or using all their leave time. Same for school children. Easy to sit in our retired status making comments.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpcshell View Post
It appears many of you have not talked to your still working children. When they report being exposed they can’t go to work without a negative test. If the had covid they can’t go back until they have a negative test. Tests take over a week to even get scheduled & PCR tests another day. All the time they are at home not getting paid or using all their leave time. Same for school children. Easy to sit in our retired status making comments.
Most of the "comments" are not addressed to those who need a test to return to work, or to travel, or to be around an immunocompromised host. The comments are addressed to those who flock like sheep to a testing site out of curiosity or paranoia, thus clogging the line for those that really need to get tested.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
It was announced today that insurance companies have to pay for eight at-home coronavirus tests per member per month. Any thoughts on how much Medicare premiums go up next year?
I don't pay Medicare premiums because I only have "A" which I paid my whole working life, but I think that part "B" went up almost thirty bucks from what I have been told by those that do pay for it.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:44 AM

The Villages' demographic is not who the eight tests are for. Families with children can easily go through eight a month. Some schools have very strict rules.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawlaw View Post
The Villages' demographic is not who the eight tests are for. Families with children can easily go through eight a month. Some schools have very strict rules.
It's 8 PER PERSON in a family...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-12-2022, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
It's 8 PER PERSON in a family...
Paid for by using other people's money
Old 01-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Location: Wyoming born, Texan by choice, Motorcoach wander and now Glenbrook village

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
short answer-----ZERO
Bless your heart you really don't listen to anything but CNN, MSNBC and the 3 networks.

Ever wonder why Africa and other 3rd world countries are not completely over run by mass covid casualties since they cannot afford these extremely expensive vaccines? These 2 drugs have been used for decades and decades because they are cheap and effective antiviral drugs, used on and off label. I'm. Fascinated by the number of people and doctors that are terrified to actually treat covid. If you actually treat it early, rather than sit home and wait to see if you can't breathe the success rate is outstanding. My ENT Dr in Houston has turned her entire practice into treating covid positive patients (vaxed and unvaxed) early and aggressively. She's not loss one patient and less than .03% have entered the the hospital and not one in a ventilator. She openly shares her data, treatment and stats because she believes everyone should be treated and given the best chance.
Breathe MD Houston
Old 01-12-2022, 12:28 PM
Default 8 tests

Please take into consideration health care workers. While I no longer work in the ER, many of my friends still do. The 8 tests is really for them, and pilots, and so on. If you're, let's say a retired person in the Villages, and on Medicare, then this rule really doesn't apply to you.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miekies View Post
Bless your heart you really don't listen to anything but CNN, MSNBC and the 3 networks.

Ever wonder why Africa and other 3rd world countries are not completely over run by mass covid casualties since they cannot afford these extremely expensive vaccines? These 2 drugs have been used for decades and decades because they are cheap and effective antiviral drugs, used on and off label. I'm. Fascinated by the number of people and doctors that are terrified to actually treat covid. If you actually treat it early, rather than sit home and wait to see if you can't breathe the success rate is outstanding. My ENT Dr in Houston has turned her entire practice into treating covid positive patients (vaxed and unvaxed) early and aggressively. She's not loss one patient and less than .03% have entered the the hospital and not one in a ventilator. She openly shares her data, treatment and stats because she believes everyone should be treated and given the best chance.
Breathe MD Houston
Don't watch any of those, and if you review any of my posts you'll find I'm probably one of the least liberal posters here. That being said, dream on. Those meds were used for "decades and decades" in Africa for malaria and parasitic infections, as they were intended to, NOT any viruses much less COVID. And I'm sorry your ENT physician has morphed into a quack.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypart View Post
Please take into consideration health care workers. While I no longer work in the ER, many of my friends still do. The 8 tests is really for them, and pilots, and so on. If you're, let's say a retired person in the Villages, and on Medicare, then this rule really doesn't apply to you.
In that case they should restrict distribution of these "free" tests to "health care workers, pilots, and so on". But, as you know, they will be available to the curious, the paranoid, and the "if it's free I want it" crowd as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
month, coronavirus, tests, at-home, member

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.