are you getting lousy cell phone reception lately

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Question are you getting lousy cell phone reception lately

in the last couple of months my AT&T iphone has gone from (in our house) 3 bars on 3G to 1 bar on E and drops calls constantly. Someone said a tower was shut down....anyone else having this problem??
Old 08-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

i believe there is a at&t dealer on 441/27 up in the lowe's/bealls shopping center - you might want to stop in there and have a chat with the folks there about your reception problems. my husband's phone had stopped receiving calls this past march and a quick phone call to their customer service had them wave their magic wand and poof! the phone was in working order again. cust serv said it had something to do with resetting some connection between his phone and the local tower.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
in the last couple of months my AT&T iphone has gone from (in our house) 3 bars on 3G to 1 bar on E and drops calls constantly. Someone said a tower was shut down....anyone else having this problem??
__________________________________________________ ____
We get minimal reception here and experience dropped calls all of the time! Have AT&T service with Trax phones. Have to leave our house to make and get a decent call out/in.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
You are sooo right. When I was there in June, AT&T service was the worst I've ever experienced. I called AT&T and they assured me two new towers were going up in TV area. The 2 towers will be set to go on 8/30/11. One day before my closing! Yay!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
...... The 2 towers will be set to go on 8/30/11. ......
Now THAT'S a good bit of news! Thanks for posting it.

And I hope your closing goes well, too!! Congrats!

Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Now THAT'S a good bit of news! Thanks for posting it.

And I hope your closing goes well, too!! Congrats!

Bill
Well, thanx, Bill.

I'll call you on my AT&T phone and invite you & yours over for some...
...POPCORN!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Default I was told by at&t tech support

Quote:
You are sooo right. When I was there in June, AT&T service was the worst I've ever experienced. I called AT&T and they assured me two new towers were going up in TV area. The 2 towers will be set to go on 8/30/11. One day before my closing! Yay!!!!
that the first of the towers won't be operational until November the earliest. Their area service map shows this area as having very good coverage??????
they are going to have their people 'check this area out' whatever that means.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Well, thanx, Bill.

I'll call you on my AT&T phone and invite you & yours over for some...
...POPCORN!!!
HA!!!

We've got AT&T phones as well. Hoping for better reception soon!!!

Bill
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Verizon

You will never get good service from ATT in The Villages Verizon is the only good one . Get rid of all the rest.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
You will never get good service from ATT in The Villages Verizon is the only good one . Get rid of all the rest.
Sorry, Doug - that doesn't do Sandy and I any good as Verizon doesn't work where we live in OH. And having two cell phones doesn't really sound all that appealing to me!

Bill
Old 08-03-2011, 02:47 PM

My tmobile works great in tv. Pretty much good coverage everywhere. Had a problem like was described a couple months ago, called them and they reset the phone and it seems fine.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

We lived in Briar Meadow (near Lopez CC) for the first 3 years here and had great AT&T cell phone reception. We moved a few miles south to Largo last November, and at first it seemed to me that our cell phone reception was still fine; but during that time I was gone out of state alot, and maybe I just wasn't using my cell phone enough here, since we also have a landline, to realize that there was a problem.

The more I was here in TV on a more regular basis, by springtime, I started noticing intermittent problems with my AT&T cell phone reception, garbled/dropped calls, etc. From another person's post on here, I learned about the Microcell, which is a mini 'tower' that is connected through your internet signal. I found that with enough insistence, AT&T gave me a Microcell ($200 cost if purchased from AT&T) at no charge (which I pointed out that it had done for some other AT&T users in TV area as I learned on TOTV - another good reason to read TOTV postings), and that has completely resolved the reception problem in our home and outside/nearby our house.

Away from home, my signal varies in TV from excellent to bad. I was told by AT&T they they are acquiring TMobile (apparently it will be around March, 2012 or so to get through the FCC regulatory process to complete this), so eventually all of the AT&T and TMobile towers will be combined and available to AT&T users.

Also, AT&T is allegedly upgrading and/or adding towers to improve reception in TV, but I've been told varying estimations by AT&T agents as to when; apparently sometime during the next few months.

The more of us who call and complain, or ask for the gratis Microcell, maybe this will help get the tower improvements done faster.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Exclamation well I resolved my problem with a microcell

with lots of rebate help from at&t, this device works via my wifi to create a micro cell tower in my home (it covers up to 5000 square feet). I can live with the other inconsistencies until mid 2012 when they are putting more towers on service for this area.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It was awful. So bad that we switched to another carrier. I heard too that there will be more towers soon and that AT@T reception is going to be much improved.

We would have to walk outside of our home so that calls would have a better chance of not being dropped.

I hadn't heard about the micro tower. My husband still uses his AT@T line for business. This forum is so helpful.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Been there twice now and full bars on my US Cellular. You may want to check them out locally.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.