Are you going crazy not golfing?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Hmmm, funny U should mention this about the golf course's be'in closed. I'm wondering what the Snow-Birds will say IF the golf course's R not Open when they come back.......No buddy can do anything about what has to be done to get them back in shape...... Me I'm just fine.
I'll just stay here in God's country until the courses open. The leaves in the Adirondack's are 40-50% peak and the best I've ever seen. The reds are brilliant. As many reds as gold - a rare sight. Cloudless days and 80 degree forecast for a week plus. Some nights are getting in the forties. The smell of wood fires is starting. The local cider mill is at full production and the sweet corn (like candy) is just finishing up. The salmon are running in the Salmon River and the Cajun smoked filet we purchased Sunday is already devoured. It may be hard but I'll make the sacrifice and wait it out here until TV courses open.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I'll just stay here in God's country until the courses open. The leaves in the Adirondack's are 40-50% peak and the best I've ever seen. The reds are brilliant. As many reds as gold - a rare sight. Cloudless days and 80 degree forecast for a week plus. Some nights are getting in the forties. The smell of wood fires is starting. The local cider mill is at full production and the sweet corn (like candy) is just finishing up. The salmon are running in the Salmon River and the Cajun smoked filet we purchased Sunday is already devoured. It may be hard but I'll make the sacrifice and wait it out here until TV courses open.
Sounds lovely. I miss the autumn leaves, near Bancroft, Ontario leaves actually turn fluorescent in reds, oranges, yellows...almost unbelievable colors, due to the local rocks.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 AM
Gold member

I go to the driving range and practice areas. Oddly enough it seems to improve my playing when on the course. Even stranger still the practice areas aren't being used as much as one would think given how poorly many play.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

When the courses finally do reopen, they will be green, lush, and pristine from no play for 2-3 weeks. A totally different Villages golf experience.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Being that we are a major golfing community, how are you handling not golfing?
Read some of the other threads.... you'll see that some are not doing well at all!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Miss autumn in New York spent a number of years working in and around the Adirondack's
Old 09-20-2017, 04:15 PM

Just announced - some courses will reopen on Wednesday Sep 27th. Sixteen days to open the first course while many, if not most, courses nearby outside The Villages have been reopened for several days. I have to believe some courses such as Volusia which has few trees and, as you can see from Morse Blvd., there is no longer flooding on the greens or cart paths could and should be opened sooner. I am sure there are others with similar conditions. Turtle Mound is another story, may a trout fishing lake?
Old 09-20-2017, 04:19 PM

I wish they would stop watering Sarasota.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Just announced - some courses will reopen on Wednesday Sep 27th. Sixteen days to open the first course while many, if not most, courses nearby outside The Villages have been reopened for several days. I have to believe some courses such as Volusia which has few trees and, as you can see from Morse Blvd., there is no longer flooding on the greens or cart paths could and should be opened sooner. I am sure there are others with similar conditions. Turtle Mound is another story, may a trout fishing lake?
Call GMS and tell them "what they should do" and let us know how that goes. The courses really have to dry out so the privileged/entitled won't rut up the wet areas having to drive right up to their ball. I live across St. Charles from #4 Southern Star and even with the "Cart Path Only" sign at the tee boxes the last couple of weeks before Irma with the rain we had, the privileged/entitled continued to ignore the signs and drive all over the fairway.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Do you really not know, or have not read, as to why the irrigation sprinklers continue to run? If you have not researched as to why - it lowers the retention ponds and allows water, THAT IS STILL ON THE COURSES, to drain into the continued lowering level of retention ponds.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Being that we are a major golfing community, how are you handling not golfing?
Roughly only %30 of villagers golf. Softball,basketball,Pickleball along with my dog & work has kept me pretty busy. Love golf but my life doesn't revolve around it. Hope they make sure they don't open the courses until they can handle the fools that will be driving their carts right down the middle of the fairways all the way up to 2 feet from The greens.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
What I have been told by two people who work for Championship golf courses (in management, not ambassador capacity) is that because of the complex water management system that TV has, it was the golf courses that flooded instead of our homes. I play golf, but I'm okay with that.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
When the courses finally do reopen, they will be green, lush, and pristine from no play for 2-3 weeks. A totally different Villages golf experience.

You do realize that after the courses open, the areas that have been sitting underwater will not be green and lush.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
If they opened a course here and there, there would be a stampede trying to get tee times. Then all we would hear would be the incessant complaints about how unfair it is.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
If they opened a course here and there, there would be a stampede trying to get tee times. Then all we would hear would be the incessant complaints about how unfair it is.

Survival of the fittest (and also those with priority memberships).

Tags
golfing, community, major, handling, crazy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.