RENT OR LEASE BEFORE BUYING

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Default RENT OR LEASE BEFORE BUYING

We are selling our home this spring and moving to TV. My thoughts are to lease or rent a home there for a year, move what furniture we need down there unless it’s already furnished and then really take our time to find the perfect home either new or resale. Then we can furnish it the way we want and not have to rush. We have been there for the preview and visited a second time but in a weeks time frame it’s really hard to find the best location or deal. Can anyone give us any pros or cons on my idea?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: RENT OR LEASE BEFORE BUYING

I'm doing what you're doing. Well, I was pre-major medical bills. Anyway, I want to be sure not just that I like the home I'm living in but that there are people who are friends in my neighborhood. Granted, no one lives that far apart in TV but I like the idea of being able to walk to talk to a friend. So, I decided to rent for a year to find my "area."

The cons to renting: it's a large chunk of change to waste. I think I could have made a decision in a three-month period rather than signing a lease for twelve months. Many TVers truly don't like renters. Even long-term renters are treated as second-class citizens by TV offices -- your ID marks you as a renter (no pic, brown). You can't live quite the way you want to -- no painting the walls bright red and lime green; no trapeze in the bedroom and no pole in the living room.

So, I would say go for the rental but not a long one -- three months really should be more than enough to know where you want to live and in what type of home.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-02-2008, 02:05 PM

Good,
1st they are all good areas - new or old - near ____ , $, Fix it your way, number of rooms? that is up to you
do you need 1 year to look it over - locked in a rental - sometime maybe good - some place to stay if you are having work on your new home maybe a big help

Da Sgt :dontknow:
Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to elaineshere

My Husband and I have been to the villages on a preveiw too. We are in the process of signing a contract to rent a courtyard villa for a year. We want to take our time and look around to find the right home. Also we want to make sure it is the lifestye that we would really like before buying. We are in the process of selling our home up North and we will be coming down to the villages October of 2008. We are going to camp the summer up North.We are not sure if we want to be full time. But I think we will decid to be full time.
Can't wait to come to the villages.
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.