Are you ready to take a 'vaxication' ?

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2021, 09:17 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV
Red face Are you ready to take a 'vaxication' ?

According to Merriam-Webster, vaxication — a portmanteau that blends the words vacation and vax (a common abbreviation for the wore vaccine) — has “increased in use as the COVID-19 vaccine has become more available to the public.” The word, the dictionary says, “is used humorously to describe the post-vaccination travel plans people are making.”

Many travelers have said they booked trips two weeks from the date of their final vaccine appointment — when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says people are fully vaccinated.

Until you are fully vaccinated you cannot travel very far or to very many places.

Since virtually everyone in TV has had the opportunity to have vaccination and can now travel, what are your plans?
Old 05-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

I am cruising!
Old 05-10-2021, 04:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

I must be the only one that cares less, on what others do with their lifestyle
Old 05-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

We are hoping to eventually feel comfortable enough to fly again. We want to spend more time at our Villages home, and are getting really tired of the 2,740 mile round trip drive. So far four round trip drives since last spring and counting. The other thing I really want to do is get back to the gym so I can resume doing the circuit 3 or 4 times per week, haven't done that since early March of 2020. I rode in a golf cart with a friend who has also been vaccinated last week. First time sharing a golf cart with someone besides my wife in almost 15 months. Baby steps, but beginning to take some calculated risks.

Last edited by tophcfa; 05-10-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I'm looking south for a waxication.

Last edited by rustyp; 05-10-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

You can go anywhere without being vaccinated. Even if you are vaccinated, you can still get Covid or transmit the disease to others.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
You can go anywhere without being vaccinated. Even if you are vaccinated, you can still get Covid or transmit the disease to others.
Wrong on both counts
Old 05-11-2021, 06:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Free, free at last. Simple freedom. Amazing how we took that for granted.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Free, free at last. Simple freedom. Amazing how we took that for granted.
Yep, we took a lot for granted.

Now we have to deal with the cheaters..

Fake Covid-19 Certificates Hit Airlines, Which Now Have to Police Them - WSJ
Old 05-11-2021, 06:44 AM

Two weeks after our second shot in Feb. we were teeing off in Arizona. Coming back into Orlando airport in Mar. I was struck by how many people were lined up to take busses to Disney properties. A large portion of America has begun to return to near normal living. Spread those wings.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
According to Merriam-Webster, vaxication — a portmanteau that blends the words vacation and vax (a common abbreviation for the wore vaccine) — has “increased in use as the COVID-19 vaccine has become more available to the public.” The word, the dictionary says, “is used humorously to describe the post-vaccination travel plans people are making.”

Many travelers have said they booked trips two weeks from the date of their final vaccine appointment — when the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says people are fully vaccinated.

Until you are fully vaccinated you cannot travel very far or to very many places.

Since virtually everyone in TV has had the opportunity to have vaccination and can now travel, what are your plans?
Not another vaccine post. Please stop.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

In the near future, it is likely you will need proof of vaccination to go to some places. For example, cruises.

While there are breakthrough cases of the vaccinated, the percentages are very low. For the Pfizer Phase 3 trial, the breakthrough percentage for the test group (about 20,000 people) was about 0.03%. Recent CDC numbers for about 75 million vaccinated people put the breakthrough percentage at about 0.008%. This represents a probability that is less than suffering permanent injuries in a car accident this year. In addition, only 1% of the breakthrough cases has resulted in death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:42 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Wrong on both counts
you can pass on the virus by someone who has it(without you knowing)sneezing/coughing in their hand then handling something you end up handling(without knowing)the contaminated item(ie:mail, grocery item, gas pump, etc.). And yes if you touch it soon after them it will be transferred from a surface if still in a wet form. You can also be a carrier of the virus without showing/knowing the symptoms after the vaccine...it just won't effect you.

Passing on false information is a bad thing.

If you're getting your information from the CDC or Fauci then you already know they have changed their stance on getting/passing on the virus literally dozens of times. So what you choose to believe is your choice, but not actual fact.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
you can pass on the virus by someone who has it(without you knowing)sneezing/coughing in their hand then handling something you end up handling(without knowing)the contaminated item(ie:mail, grocery item, gas pump, etc.). And yes if you touch it soon after them it will be transferred from a surface if still in a wet form. You can also be a carrier of the virus without showing/knowing the symptoms after the vaccine...it just won't effect you.

Passing on false information is a bad thing.

If you're getting your information from the CDC or Fauci then you already know they have changed their stance on getting/passing on the virus literally dozens of times. So what you choose to believe is your choice, but not actual fact.
I agree - passing on false information is a bad thing. Please desist

So, mayo clinic is fake news as well?

We'll just have to try not to sneeze and spit all over things then rub them on another person so they can get it into their mouths as well.

Can COVID-19 (coronavirus) spread through food, water, surfaces and pets? - Mayo Clinic

COVID-19 rarely spreads through surfaces. So why are we still deep cleaning?

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 05-11-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Are you serious? I am vacinated now but I never stopped travelling completely. You have to live your life. Never got the Covid, and am glad. Just ready for them to get rid of the worthless masks. There are ZERO studies that show masks work for Covid-19 but some people feel they are somehow sacred. Get your vaccine and lets all move on. I am sure there are a lot of people going to be travelling this summer!
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
travel, vaccine, plans, fully, vaccinated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.