Younger Residents

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Younger Residents

In the words of Rodney King "Frankly my dear, I just don't give a dahm!". Okay so it wasn't Rodney King. But now that I've got your attention that's how I feel. Responsible individuals are an asset to any community regardless of age. Sometimes we can't all live in fantasy land and they'll most likely weed themselves out. But we can live in TV. You should attend a city/county/tourism meeting with me. Many seasoned individuals have a lot to be desired. Then again they probably say the same thing about me. I survived 911, tsunamis, and hurricanes. I believe I can handle a younger neighbor. If nuthin else have em help me put the Christmas tree up. Ah such is life.

Steve
Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Default Re: Younger Residents ARE A GOOD THING !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireOnWindCSR_MARYLAND
My wife and I purchased our home in TV when I was 49 and she was 48. WE did not buy it from a Village Realtor thus avoiding that 55+ age contract addendum that exists. There are people who act mature and responsible regardless of their age. There are also "adults" who can be immature and irrational after 55 years of age. What I find as rather amusing is the Chula Vista Pool. In order to swim there people must be at least 30 years of age. Well, I have 3 adult children ages 24, 26 & 28 suprisingly they know how to act in an adult pool but can't swim there. It's not like there going to get someone's blue-grey Beehive hair doo wet!! So here's a question: what about a Village Pool where you can't be over 60 years of age to swim there !! Pretty ridiculous huh? My kids can vote, drink alcohol, go to war, buy a home...... but they can't swim in the Chula Vista Pool. Noodle anybody?!!
If I want to live with noise day and night I will move to Manhattan.
If I want to live in fear I will move to the Bronx or Brooklyn.
If I want to live in peace I will move to The Villages.
An adult community is that ADULT COMMUNITY, we have done our share of work, taxes and problems, now we want peace. Those who unfortunately have to carry adult children in their golden year deserve the blessing of everyone, however do not try to impose your family on the rest of us.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Younger Residents ARE A GOOD THING !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireOnWindCSR_MARYLAND
My wife and I purchased our home in TV when I was 49 and she was 48. WE did not buy it from a Village Realtor thus avoiding that 55+ age contract addendum that exists. There are people who act mature and responsible regardless of their age. There are also "adults" who can be immature and irrational after 55 years of age. What I find as rather amusing is the Chula Vista Pool. In order to swim there people must be at least 30 years of age. Well, I have 3 adult children ages 24, 26 & 28 suprisingly they know how to act in an adult pool but can't swim there. It's not like there going to get someone's blue-grey Beehive hair doo wet!! So here's a question: what about a Village Pool where you can't be over 60 years of age to swim there !! Pretty ridiculous huh? My kids can vote, drink alcohol, go to war, buy a home...... but they can't swim in the Chula Vista Pool. Noodle anybody?!!
First of all I would like to apologize for my inconsiderate post to your comment.

I should have stopped with all the adult pools have a 30 year age restriction.

Now I have a legitimate question. Do your three adult children that I assume from this post live with you have full Villages amenities - ie golf, tennis, etc?

And for one of the posts - I did not live in a utopian world. I had my troubles and tribulations.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to FireOnWindCSR

Cave Guy, it's all good. I say that now that my wife has beaten the day lights out of me for being a buttocks. My three children are spread out on the eastern seaboard. Son is in Old Bridge, NJ and woorks in NYC, daughter 1 lives and works in Jacksonville, NC and is married to a marine, daughter 2 lives in Baltimore. When they come to our home in TV's they have guest passes and enjoy the amenities as we do. Daughter 3 came for a visit last year and prior to arriving she said to my wife and I " why did you buy a home here in TV. The people are retired, old, and grumpy. Why are you in such a hurry to get old"? WOW was my answer. After only one day she said to us, " this place is awesome, it has everything. People are excercising, golfing, swimming, going to musical events in the various squares. You have restaurants, hospitals.........". My wife and I love it here. We want to expose our children to a "lifestyle" that is conducive to good health of body, mind, and spirit.
WE educate them. We have taught them what they need to do in this life, if they want to retire before they are 55 or 60 years of age. If they work hard, save, buy real estate or land ( God's not making any more ), mutual funds, etc. And if they follow what we say, then they will have a home in TV or a place like it some where.

None of my children have ever been arrested or have police records. They choose not to smoke pot or do other substances not because I say " don't do it", rather they choose not to do those substances because they have goals, are focused, and their parents led by example. but I'm not gonna tell them what was happening in the 70's !!! No need to go there. anyway, thats the deal.
Rules are rules. Rules can suck. And if they suck, then it's a persons right to try and change the rules. Right? Cave dude, i am the most chilled out person you will ever come across. But I do like the Banter. And I like that you have an opinion. thats what makes us who we are.

Then there's the person who said if I liked noise move to NYC, and if I liked fear move to the Bronx or Brooklyn. Thats sad. i lived in Queens, the Bronx, and Brooklyn and the noise never bothered me, I was never in fear for my life, and the people were just people like you and I. they were just trying to make it in this big wide world. NYC is rather small when youve lived there for a while. people are familiar, there's lots to do, and its diverse. Maybe the person who previously wrote that statement is just afraid of their shadow wherever they are. Anyway, thats their opinion and .....
Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 PM

Beautiful response, FIRE...

GROUP HUG!

Rebekah
Old 11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

WOW..I did not mean to cause such a stir, it was just a question..Sorry guys.. :dontknow:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
EYANKOWSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
This is not just a Chula Vista pool rule. All of the adult pools have a 30 and over restriction. Take or send your adult children to the community pools until they turn 30. Rules are rules.

This is supposed to be an adult (over 55) community. Just because you managed to go ourside of the rules to get in does not mean that you do not have to obey the rules once you are in.

Sometimes I get a little tired of people complaining about the rules. You should have done a more thorough search before buying here - or maybe the realtor said not to worry - no one cares. Well we do!!

In today's Daily Sun there were five entries in the police log and four were villagers "adult" children with drugs and burglary arrests. We do not need that here.
I TOTALLY AGREE WHY ARE PEOPLE ALWAYS TRING TO CHANGE THE RULES READ THEM FIRST AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM GO ELSE WHERE
Old 11-07-2007, 05:43 PM

STEVE: Is that really your picture? If so, did anyone ever tell you that you look like that "Die Hard" guy? (Sr. Moment here...can't remember his name!!!!)
Old 11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP
STEVE: Is that really your picture? If so, did anyone ever tell you that you look like that "Die Hard" guy? (Sr. Moment here...can't remember his name!!!!)
Daggone it Donna. See what ya started. And JKP how dare you refer to me as looking like Pee Wee Herman.
;D
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Sage

I guess with the recent news about STD's in TV maybe the title of:

"Die hard in TV" might be a good title for your next flick? :joke:

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.