Younger Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X View Post
Definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. Those damned trouble making teenagers and worse yet, the tattoos. But hold on, it's even more horrible than that...

I've also noticed a lot of trouble in the area by other groups of people.. those $%&* smokers. Have you noticed how many residents (probably some non residents too) that hang around TV smoking? What is wrong with people that they would smoke cigarettes? Just plain stupid and nothing more than a crutch for weak people.

What about all those golf cart driving, beer drinking thugs? Geez, that needs some attention too. I even heard that some of those crazies, drive their golf carts while they're intoxicated. Can you believe that?

And don't even get me started on the motorcycle gangs in TV. I heard that some of them have those damned awful tattoos also.. the nerve!

I think what makes me the most upset however, is the massive number of busy-bodies who have nothing better to do than watch and judge others based on their age, choice of self expression, the clothes they wear etc. They too inhabit the town squares and can be a major problem.

I think TV may in-fact be somewhat like the rest of the country, so it's probably not a very nice place to live. What a disappointment.

Oh well... for now, I'll just keep my tattoo covered (perhaps have it removed) and stay the hell out of the town squares, especially after dark.

It's so disheartening to move to a retirement community, only to find out that everyone is not just like me. I was fooled.
Chief X,
Excellent points, well taken.

At the same time, I agree with VillagesFlorida's initial comment. I think LindaK nailed OP's point when she said that many of the adult children living here in their 20's-30's are "problem children that the parents had to bring with them," and that family-friendly neighborhoods would be better equipped to assimilate them. TV was planned and designed as a 55+ community and does not have the appropriate infrastructure and support systems to adequately accommodate 20-somethings, let alone problem ones who need more, not fewer, social support systems.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

I hope that all of the posters here remember that all I talked about in my original post was the young people who live here, who are committing criminal acts.....and, that I, personally, wish that the age limit here was 45. That would not prevent unsavory characters over 45 from living here. I get that. I really am just wondering if I am the only resident who feels that 20 is too young to live here, unless disabled and needing care by the parents or grandparents. I don't care who has a tattoo, who rides a motorcycle, or who drinks alcohol on the squares. My concern is the immature young people living here who have no regard for what this place was designed to be.....a beautiful, peaceful community, truly "Florida's Friendliest Hometown".
Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. Those damned trouble making teenagers and worse yet, the tattoos. But hold on, it's even more horrible than that...

I've also noticed a lot of trouble in the area by other groups of people.. those $%&* smokers. Have you noticed how many residents (probably some non residents too) that hang around TV smoking? What is wrong with people that they would smoke cigarettes? Just plain stupid and nothing more than a crutch for weak people.

What about all those golf cart driving, beer drinking thugs? Geez, that needs some attention too. I even heard that some of those crazies, drive their golf carts while they're intoxicated. Can you believe that?

And don't even get me started on the motorcycle gangs in TV. I heard that some of them have those damned awful tattoos also.. the nerve!

I think what makes me the most upset however, is the massive number of busy-bodies who have nothing better to do than watch and judge others based on their age, choice of self expression, the clothes they wear etc. They too inhabit the town squares and can be a major problem.

I think TV may in-fact be somewhat like the rest of the country, so it's probably not a very nice place to live. What a disappointment.

Oh well... for now, I'll just keep my tattoo covered (perhaps have it removed) and stay the hell out of the town squares, especially after dark.

It's so disheartening to move to a retirement community, only to find out that everyone is not just like me. I was fooled.
And the sign said long-haired, freaky people...
Old 10-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Sweetie...Have some popcorn. Tattoos on boys are kind of left over from military service generally and that is a good thing...

Your satire is clever, and appreciated but it really doesn't matter so much to me how people show their style, as long as they are kind to each other.

But one of these days.... I am gonna go up behind one of those kids who have their pants hanging low and showing their underwear...somewhere about half mast...and I am gonna pull the damn things down.

You may read about me in the Daily Sun. Then I will probably get a tattoo that says...."Just Done It".
Old 10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
........But one of these days.... I am gonna go up behind one of those kids who have their pants hanging low and showing their underwear...somewhere about half mast...and I am gonna pull the damn things down. .......
You go, girl!!

Bill
Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Sweetie...Have some popcorn. Tattoos on boys are kind of left over from military service generally and that is a good thing...

Your satire is clever, and appreciated but it really doesn't matter so much to me how people show their style, as long as they are kind to each other.

But one of these days.... I am gonna go up behind one of those kids who have their pants hanging low and showing their underwear...somewhere about half mast...and I am gonna pull the damn things down.

You may read about me in the Daily Sun. Then I will probably get a tattoo that says...."Just Done It".
Careful graciegirl with the generation you have targeted "pulling their pants all the way down' is something they probably will like....I just saying
Old 10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Platinum member

I'm feeling the love here again???
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Old 10-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Please don't do it, Gracie! I can't bear the thought of seeing YOUR name in the Police Blotter! I can see the headline now:

Villages Resident Caught In "Crackdown"
Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Please don't do it, Gracie! I can't bear the thought of seeing YOUR name in the Police Blotter! I can see the headline now:

YOU are the best...and lovely too and so clever. Please be my friend!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:

Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM

This is very interesting since there was a post not too far back about owning a gun. I don't want to turn this in a gun thread, but TV doesn't have a wall.

I consider TV to be a "Soft" target. By that I mean:

1. Age. Not everyone is in their 20s.
2. Everyone trusts everyone else. We're one big happy family (check the number of golf clubs on carts and open garage doors)
3. Most don't own a gun or think they need one.
4. TV is open to the public. Anyone can drive through. All they need is a truck with a contractor's name on the side.
5. Look at Wall Street. The haves and have nots. Which do you look like to someone on the outside of TV? Nice house, nice car, golf cart etc.

I could go on, but you get the point. Just because it's retirement community doesn't mean it's safe from all crime. I just saw a thread about someone steeling down spouts during the day in TV. Metal sales are way up.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Ran out of room. I like the younger people. Some will be great and some won't. But that's the way it is. If you get some younger neighbors, I hope their good ones.

I just don't think you putyour head in the sand and think that nothing can happen in TV.

My two cents. Flame suit is on. Let me have it.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Sage

Quote:

I think it's time we all stopped cracking jokes about these things..............

Bill
Old 10-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
I think it's time we all stopped cracking jokes about these things..............

Bill
Blame Gracie! She's the one who threatened to expose "the crack"! I suppose these young-uns might be "Crack Pots"??

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.