Younger Villagers moving in

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2022, 12:16 PM
Default Younger residents allowed to buy and live in The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvillagertobe View Post
I am a 24 year old man, single, no kids, work from home and am looking to buy my first house. I would love to live in the Villages and know about the 80/20 rule when it comes to 55+ communities. I am quiet, and old soul, respectful of others and always maintain a clean living space/ yard. What would be the honest reaction to having a young person live next door?
My husband and I bought a new home in the Villages of Chatham back in 2002. What a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE it was back then. He was 60 and I was 51. To be honest I felt to young to live there. Although it was so nice and all our neighbors were wonderful I felt out of place. They were mostly in there 70’s and older. We were there 6 months out of the year and when we left for back home it felt like I was back where I should be. Truthfully it does age you because you skip over the years you should be enjoying your youth with people your own age. Now that we are older we have considered rebuying another home there but because it seems like it is changing from an elderly community to something else we’d rather just come visit for a few months and leave. If we choose to buy a condo in a place where all the other owners were in their twenties it would not be good for us nor the younger folks. The Villages had it’s draw BECAUSE it was a place where retiree’s of 55 and older could buy. Things are now very different. We think that allowing 20something year olds in is going to eventually ruin what Mr Swartz had intended it to be. It sure WAS a pleasant place to live when we were there.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:24 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyDeCosta View Post
My .
This is the thread that drew you out for your first post after over 10 years???

Old 01-18-2022, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daspiva View Post
Quite honestly, I moved here as a younger person, still working, etc. You might find your social/ love life to be lacking because you are not in the same place in life as so many seniors are over here in TV. You may feel like a square peg trying to live in a round hole. I wouldn't recommend moving here. Try an outside community, you'll get more home for the money anyway. As to how the neighbors might feel about you? You'll just be the "kid" on the block. But I'm sure that being that there are many more woman than men, you will have MANY cougars hitting on you. LOL!
Interesting discussion, for sure.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but my thoughts seem to align with what is apparently the majority opinion here. Now don't get me wrong: at 73 I still appreciate the sight of young(er) women and appreciate the energy level of the 40'ish crowd, though I detest kids (not really, just the obnoxious ones). But in all honesty the pace of life for us geezers is pretty slow compared to that of our kids and grandkids. Wholesale mixing of the two just doesn't seem beneficial to either group.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
That’s a real shame that you have not successfully launched your 26 yo.
That's a real shame that you judge how others choose to live...

Multigenerational living used to be the norm, not the exception...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-18-2022, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The "young" thread-starting gentleman may (?) be the most wonderful, polite person in the Americas, for all I or we know. But, the converse is also true - he could be the most DISPICKABLE person in America, for all I or we know. He might (?) be a drug dealer and gang leader looking to start a NEW territory to exploit because of the increased wealth factor of our OLDER community. He could be a "sleeper agent" tied to Russia or China put here to influence cultural acceptance of either of those 2 countries.
.......Yes, it is VERY unlikely that this ONE person is, for example, a drug dealer. I and we can NOT say that he ISN'T. But, "riddle me this" BAT-VILLAGERS........what if statistically 60 to 100 of these "NICE" 25 year-olds moves here. THEN, it is LIKELY that one IS a drug dealer or has some other bad habit. Yes, you might say that, "the samething APPLIES to any group of 55-year-olds. But, no it is NOT the same. For example, a 25 year-old drug dealer or gang member may have been identified as such and put into prison and the FBI would be watching them closely because of their record and why are they keen to be in an OLDER community. By age 55 many criminals may have moderated their behavior and noticed that drug members have a short life-span. Prison may have changed them for the better. To be continued.....
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 01-18-2022, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
She wants to be with her mother as she struggles with the repercussions of brain cancer, but thanks for your concern.........Bless Your Heart
Sounds like a wonderful daughter...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-18-2022, 12:54 PM
TOTV Moderator

No value in this one continuing.

Closed Thread

Tags
live, maintain, younger, respectful, soul

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.