Your Long Term Plan for TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

I think the idea of putting all your plans and information in a book or on other media for your children is a wonderful idea. We haven't actually done that, but we think we have a plan.

Even though we are "youngsters" in The Villages we moved here because our son is severely disabled, but he is very social. TheVillages is perfect for our needs now, and we have a future plan made too!

My mom is here in The Villages in her own patio villa, and she's 83. Still very independent, drives her own car, does her own housecleaning, etc ( I wish she'd do mine too! ;-) )

Anyway, in a few years she says she'll be ready for assisted living, and there are many new ones being built nearby.....that's good.

Our son will need skilled nursing in a few years, and we have become ok with that too.

We have one grown up son who will handle all our needs someday for us but we also have a contingency plan with a trust to take over in case he is unable to do it.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Veteran member

Does anyone know if this is part of "The Villages" Group or a different organization all together? It looks like it is in your community.

Freedom Pointe at The Villages | Florida Independent Senior Living | Retirement Community

If it is a different organization, do member of the CCRC retain their Villages privileges?

Better yet, anyone have any experience with it??? Know anyone in it?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Gold member

Freedom Point is part of The Villages.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Freedom Point is part of The Villages.
Located in The Villages, not a part of The Villages.
Run by Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Florida Senior Living at its Finest

Freedom Pointe at The Villages is a Continuing Care Retirement Community. We offer Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care options for seniors.

Freedom Pointe at The Villages provides a luxurious condominium atmosphere in the unique environment that only The Villages can offer. If you love the active independent lifestyle that The Villages provides with the peace of mind and security that a continuing care retirement community gives then Freedom Pointe at The Villages is for you.

You will enjoy totally independent living in your own private condominium: care free, no household chores or home maintenance to steal hours from your golf game or other fun pursuits.

Freedom Pointe at The Villages also offers you care-for-life which guarantees that no matter what happens to you physically or financially, you will always have a home. Professional services are available for any level of health care and assistance you may need now or in the future.

Purchasing your condominium home at Freedom Pointe at The Villages offers you all the privileges of home ownership with none of the worries. And when you join the Freedom Pointe family you will be assured all the services and privileges of not only The Villages but also allowing you to choose the assistance you need when you need it.

Comfort, support and security; luxury, independence and every carefree service and convenience available either within Freedom Pointe or just a golf cart ride away.

We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Freedom Pointe at The Villages today.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Located in The Villages, not a part of The Villages.
Run by Brookdale Senior Living Inc.

Florida Senior Living at its Finest

Freedom Pointe at The Villages is a Continuing Care Retirement Community. We offer Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care options for seniors.

Freedom Pointe at The Villages provides a luxurious condominium atmosphere in the unique environment that only The Villages can offer. If you love the active independent lifestyle that The Villages provides with the peace of mind and security that a continuing care retirement community gives then Freedom Pointe at The Villages is for you.

You will enjoy totally independent living in your own private condominium: care free, no household chores or home maintenance to steal hours from your golf game or other fun pursuits.

Freedom Pointe at The Villages also offers you care-for-life which guarantees that no matter what happens to you physically or financially, you will always have a home. Professional services are available for any level of health care and assistance you may need now or in the future.

Purchasing your condominium home at Freedom Pointe at The Villages offers you all the privileges of home ownership with none of the worries. And when you join the Freedom Pointe family you will be assured all the services and privileges of not only The Villages but also allowing you to choose the assistance you need when you need it.

Comfort, support and security; luxury, independence and every carefree service and convenience available either within Freedom Pointe or just a golf cart ride away.

We invite you to come experience exceptional senior living at Freedom Pointe at The Villages today.
Thanks... I read the page on the link I posted but somehow overlooked the comment about TV services and privileges (I bolded it in your quote).
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Default People Plan, God Laughs

I am not making fun of anyone planning, or thinking about the future. I have tried in the past to plan major life decisions, and the more I think and worry, it seems the less control I have of the situation. While I am the kind of person who likes to be organized and informed, things just don't seem to work out that way.
So far, I have done the best I can with what I know, but there are too many variables in life to be completely prepared. People get sick and incapacitated, or die unexpectedly, or hurricanes or earthquakes happen and change lives. You can have 10 children and not be able to depend on any. Most families there is one child who has to do all the caregiving. You can have financial advisors who take all your money. A lot of assisted living, or continuing care facilities change ownership and change in quality.
So I have a basic plan for now. My papers are in order, my finances are more difficult to predict but somewhat stable. I can only hope and pray for the best and try to enjoy life in the moment.
Good luck! I hope you can find the answers you need.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.