Your Villages Building Experience..

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkiehound View Post
And new build is typically less than resale? Kinda hard to believe.
I'd answer 'it depends'. Houses older than 10 years are looking at potential appliance replacements, tired floors and walls, aging roofs and lanais. Some of the mature plantings look lovely, but many resales are going to mean a complete interior redo
Add to that the established neighborhood hierarchy that may make it more difficult to break in make them less appealing to me.

That being said, there is a price increase on new houses that happened last week or so. Anyone know the percentage?
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
So did you get the pushed out sewing room like I did on my woodside? With stretches we are at 2452 under air...
I did push out the sewing room.... best suggestion ever, thank you! I also added a walk in closet w/ 2 walls of shelves.

We ended up at 2,557 in our Woodside. We close 5/19.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
I'd answer 'it depends'. Houses older than 10 years are looking at potential appliance replacements, tired floors and walls, aging roofs and lanais. Some of the mature plantings look lovely, but many resales are going to mean a complete interior redo
Add to that the established neighborhood hierarchy that may make it more difficult to break in make them less appealing to me.

That being said, there is a price increase on new houses that happened last week or so. Anyone know the percentage?
Roughly 5% on a Begonia. I was told lumber prices and insulation prices are two of the
main reasons. When does the minimum wage kick in?
Old 01-18-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
Roughly 5% on a Begonia. I was told lumber prices and insulation prices are two of the
main reasons. When does the minimum wage kick in?
Holy cow! We got in just under the wire.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:53 PM

So on a 400k house lumber and insulation prices for builder went up $20k?
Old 01-18-2021, 09:38 PM

I hadn't heard about this recent price increase but after we purchased our lot in august they raised the base prices on all the designer homes 15-17 thousand $$$ a couple weeks later and then subsequently raised the prices for the stretches. You are not locked in to a final price until after you go through the design process. We close in march.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:05 PM
Default Re-circulating Hot Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
The pieces we missed was installing the home re-circulating hot water because we didn't realize the amount of heat loss in the foundation during the winter
Am I missing something with the re-circulating hot water? If you have a tankless hot water heater and you are recirculating hot water, aren’t you running the device more to keep the water warm?

What is the problem waiting a minute for warm water? We have had a tankles system for years. It takes less than a minute for the shower to heat up.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:12 PM
Default Re-circulating Hot Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
The pieces we missed was installing the home re-circulating hot water because we didn't realize the amount of heat loss in the foundation during the winter
Am I missing something with the re-circulating hot water? If you have a tankless hot water heater and you are recirculating hot water, aren’t you running the device more to keep the water warm?

What is the problem waiting a minute for warm water? We have had a tankles system for years. It takes less than a minute for the shower to heat up.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:43 PM

I had exactly the same reaction until I looked again at the size of the living room. There was a significant difference.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:45 PM

would love to know what you guys did to expand. We are tracking along the same path
Old 01-29-2021, 01:47 PM

would love to see your plans.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:09 PM

You need AT LEAST a week. Do not plan to work on the weekends. We worked Monday to Friday, then finished the following Monday. We saw our design consultant at the Design Center (ask your sales rep to take you there), pool people, landscape people, and the ethernet/smart house person. All were very helpful. This is an intensive process, so do get some ideas of what you may want BEFORE you go.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaAnn View Post
You need AT LEAST a week. Do not plan to work on the weekends. We worked Monday to Friday, then finished the following Monday. We saw our design consultant at the Design Center (ask your sales rep to take you there), pool people, landscape people, and the ethernet/smart house person. All were very helpful. This is an intensive process, so do get some ideas of what you may want BEFORE you go.
Challenging to comprehend taking 40+ hours to pick out designs.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
It takes a week but you seldom need an entire day out of that week. If you're putting in a pool, extra landscaping, custom closets, high tech wiring, etc.. You can fill up those days rather quickly though.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-19-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Helps to visit displays and homes for sale before and take photos of what you like.
Closed Thread

Tags
process, love, long, hear, building

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.