Zipcar

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Zipcar

I saw this on the news the other day and was wondering if it would work in TV. Maybe just for snobirds who fly in or for us frogs who dont use a car often. If we had them at mail stations or rec centers. What do you think?
http://www.zipcar.com/
Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Veteran member

I think it is a great idea! Syracuse University has them and it seems to work very well for the students.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 04-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage

We've got them at at least 3 of the colleges near downtown, and they are very well received.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Many cities have this type of car-share. Great for city dwellers! My daughter and her boyfriend belonged to this until last year when they bought a car. The nice thing about car-share was that they could have a truck from time to time when they needed it.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage
Default Popular in city of Chicago

Zipcar is popular in the City of Chicago where you may only need a car a few times a month for errands/large shopping trips as Chicago has a very extensive mass transit system for back and forth to work commuting. Out in the Chicago suburbs where mass transit is not very good, you have to have a car.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default They have them here in Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Zipcar is popular in the City of Chicago where you may only need a car a few times a month for errands/large shopping trips as Chicago has a very extensive mass transit system for back and forth to work commuting. Out in the Chicago suburbs where mass transit is not very good, you have to have a car.
Same here they are in several locations in the Downtown area of Seattle.
The person telling me about it wasn't clear how it worked. Seemed to think they get booked up on weekends.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Great concept for TV. Ideal for people who have one or no car and need to get to areas that are not cart accessable. Not so great for snowbirds as the concept and cost revolves areound short term use (i.e. a few hours or an afternoon). Wife and I are already runnibg into minor problems as we sold our second car and some times we both need to be somewhere at the same time and cannot use the golf cart.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.