2 car garage organization ideas

Old 06-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Default 2 car garage organization ideas

New to TV in the Village of Hadley and asking if there is a forum or any discussion boards regarding garage organization? i.e. storage ideas, workbench placement, how to affix screws in block... thanks

Old 06-07-2021, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Use overhead storage racks for long term items. Pay attention to the weight you will put on the shelves.
Consider the space left over when the doors are opened to get into or out of your car.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

We used steel cabinets (Husky brand from Home Depot) for closed storage, almost 8 years old and still look like new. These are RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets. They also had wall unit and floor roller units. These work very well and can be move if the need arises.
I was able to put a work bench between the car and golf cart, you might be able to do this between 2 cars, however make sure you have room to open doors and get by the workbench when you need to.
There are some free furniture layout programs that may help you with this task. While these may not have cars you can probably scale another item to be the same size, and then try various layouts.
I have also seen garages with just open wire (or similar) shelving along the walls, makes it easy to find stuff.

Tags
garage, organization, ideas, storage, discussion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.