2 years and counting DOWN!

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Default 2 years and counting DOWN!

Due to some friends living there, my wife and I visited the Villages this winter. We were so impressed that we are now planning on joining the community as soon as we are age eligible (2 years). Are there any restrictions to planning our own LSV before we are age eligible?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Welcome, I assume that by eligible you mean 55? 20% of the residents can be below the age of 55. We were lucky and built our house in Aug. Both my hubby and I are not 55 yet.
We loved it so much, wanted to start spending time as soon as we could.
Make sure you bring your checkbook when you come.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Gold member

There are no age restrictions on renting, if that is what you are asking. Not sure about the LSV, but don't think so - call TV and ask. And remember, it is an 80/20 community, although much easier, I believe, to buy a resale if you are under 55. Just what I have heard, no facts here.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Sage

Welcome to TOTV. I do not believe you can do a LSV unless one of you is at least 55. But, who knows? I have been known to be wrong a time or two.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Sage

I wouls call the sales center and ask them. Nothing like getting it from the horses mouth.

So glad to hear you very impressed with TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks for all of the replies... Am looking forward to being a happy Villages resident. and the 80/20 thing is encouraging.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoman View Post
Thanks for all of the replies... Am looking forward to being a happy Villages resident. and the 80/20 thing is encouraging.

kwtoman, I am also under 55. I have not done the official LSV yet through The Villages sales office, but I have rented 4 times in The Villages since 2011, and my fifth rental in TV will be next month . Since I have no kids, I have been told by numerous real estate agents (both TV and MLS agents) that I would have no problems buying a resale home in TV. But unless I win the lottery, more than likely I will be 55 before I can buy in TV anyway.

So definitely call the TV sales office to see what they say about an LSV.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM

When you rent at the villages, are you afforded the same amenities as owning? I also heard a rumor that Retired Military aren't held to the 55 restriction? Has anyone else heard that anywhere?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoman View Post
When you rent at the villages, are you afforded the same amenities as owning? I also heard a rumor that Retired Military aren't held to the 55 restriction? Has anyone else heard that anywhere?
I don't golf, so getting access to the golf courses has not been necessary for me. The landlords I have rented from have all given me a visitor's pass which allows me to use the rec centers, go to any classes if I want, discount ticket price at the movie theaters at LSL, SS and Brownwood and access to the neighborhood pools. There is also a $50 pass which offers more amenities, and I am sure that a Village resident could tell you what those additional amenities are.

In order to get the visitor's pass, you have to give your landlord your date of birth. The visitor's pass has your name on it, your date of birth, the name and address of The Villages resident you are a guest of, and the start and end dates the pass is good for. You will also need to show your driver's license or state ID card when you show your visitor's pass at the pool, rec center, etc. And someone from TV will ask for your visitor's pass and driver's license before you can go past the front desk at a rec center. Several times when I have used the neighborhood pools when renting, I have been asked to show my visitor's pass and driver's license, so don't leave those items in the rental house if you plan on using a neighborhood pool, otherwise plan on leaving to pool to go back to the rental house and come back with the visitor's pass and your D/L. I hope that information is helpful.

I do not know if retired military personnel are held to the age 55 restriction. The TV sales office should be able to ask that question. Only 36 days until I am back in TV, but who is counting?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 AM

just chatted with the people to set up our Lifestyle visit - Looking to visit the 2nd week in September and can't wait.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Location: New jersey, Washington DC, California, The Villages,Florida
Default congratulations

We are new here and the countdown was relentless. We couldn't wait to move here after our lifestyle visit. Also, we rented for a year and had to buy. We are having a blast. Meeting so many good people and enjoying our retired years just having fun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.