2nd visit next week

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Default 2nd visit next week

I am coming down to TV next week for the second time. My house in Indiana is sold. Am living in apartment for a while. Plus, don't want to go through another winter like this past one.

Hope to make a decision about whether TV is right for me and do some house hunting while I am there.

Wish me luck.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

good luck! enjoy. most either love the villages and buy here, or hate it and don't.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Sage

Congrats on the house sale. Let us know your thoughts when you get to TV for a look-see!

Bill
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM

What good news...hope you enjoy your visit to TV...
Old 04-14-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer View Post
Hope to make a decision about whether TV is right for me and do some house hunting while I am there.

Wish me luck.
If you are looking for an active lifestyle, or "porch percher" you'll love it. Many of us aren't there yet, but it isn't because we don't want to. . . selling the home here so we can move to TV.

Be sure to talk to as many people as you can and ask them how they like it there. Our second visit was to find out what's wrong with TVs as we certainly saw what was right on our first visit. One "frog" (permanent resident) said it was getting too big. But the way the individual villages are set up with their own recreation center, mail distribution center, etc. it keeps everyone dispersed very well.

Good luck and congratulations on getting your house in Indy sold. Don't forget TV has 9 championship courses and 30 executive courses that you are entitled to play. I know of no other community in the country with such amenities. When you add in the gazillion social groups, activities, and recreation. . .you won't go wrong choosing TV.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I am coming down to TV next week for the second time. My house in Indiana is sold. Am living in apartment for a while. Plus, don't want to go through another winter like this past one.

Wish me luck.
Just do it! Been here for nearly 13 years and have loved every minute of it! What's NOT to love?? Yes, it's a big place but, as in any large community or city, most folks find areas, businesses, etc. that they like to frequent. MY problem with living here is that I never know what area to frequent next since they are all so nice! If you don't want to live in a resort-like atmosphere you probably won't be happy here! Home prices are down and it's the perfect time to buy! Keep us posted!!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Good luck!

TOTV is a great way to get information about the Villages that is not part of the 'sales pitch'. Don't hesitate to post any questions you have - you may get a variety of responses, but the truth is there is rarely one right answer and a TVers have a lot of different opinions - thank goodness!

I close in less than 2 weeks and I know I can count on TOTV to help me settle in and find my way around.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to the forum. Our Helene was born in Indianapolis and I loved the ten years we lived there.

Hope you find everything to your liking. I wish I could extend a personal invitation but we will be off campus when you visit.

If you didn't do these things on your first visit...

Take the trolley ride.
Visit the Lifelong Learning College.
Check out the new library on 466A.
Watch the sunset on the Sumter Bridge.
Have a frozen yogurt at Colony Plaza...(What is it's name...somebody?)
Talk to strangers.

Hope you love it and decide to stay. It is my favorite place.

Gracie
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Schnauzer....Welcome to TOTV! Have a great time on your 2nd trip! We loved The Villages the first time we visited and each time we came back, we found something new to love! It is a great place and you will love getting out of the Indiana weather I'm sure! It was an awful winter up here in Purdue country but I think you Hoosier's got it worse than we did!
I will echo all of the wonderful advice folks have already given you...especially the part about talking to strangers! That is one of the things I love to do! Everyone has an interesting story on why they chose The Villages and those stories may help you with your decision.
Have a fantastic time and congrats on selling your house so quickly!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:

Wish me luck.
to TOTV. Any questions, please ask.

I agree this last winter was brutal and I don't want to spend another one in the Northeast.

It' great news you sold your home and I wish you GOOD LUCK on deciding if TV is for you and happy house hunting.

I agree with Gracie and I'll add that you should relax and dance in the squares. I know I have a great time when I am visiting.

I am really most impressed by the friendliness of the people.

Best Wishes for future happiness.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Sage

Hi Schnauzer,
I'm excited for you that you sold your house.

There might be some things to not like about TV but honestly, I haven't found them yet. The people are friendly, the amenities are fabulous and TV is gorgeous.

Best wishes and please keep us posted.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Have a frozen yogurt at Colony Plaza...(What is it's name...somebody?)
Peachwave - one of the first places we're going to go to when we get to TV next month!!!!

Bill
Old 04-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Will be there next Wednesday for five nights. Plan on looking at some houses and just soaking up TV.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses. Will be there next Wednesday for five nights. Plan on looking at some houses and just soaking up TV.
Don't forget to bring your checkbook!! Ya just never know what you might find.

Bill
Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

There might be some things to not like about TV but honestly, I haven't found them yet. The people are friendly, the amenities are fabulous and TV is gorgeous.
---------
It's comments like yours that make me excited about my future plans. Thank you!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.