About to make a purchase of a Villa

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Default CYV garages

It sure would be nice if those CYVs had larger garages or AT LEAST adequate driveways? I'm assuming trying to expand either is not allowed?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
It sure would be nice if those CYVs had larger garages or AT LEAST adequate driveways? I'm assuming trying to expand either is not allowed?
You just named the #1 reason people move from a CYV. Since 2011 we just had our 4th neighbor move in next door in the same unit, the last owner just bought a designer in St. Charles. On the otherside, they are the original owners like we are. Of the 13 CYV's on our street, besides next door, three others moved to larger homes, one to Sanibel, one to Lake Deaton, one to Lakeside Landing.

If you notice in the new homes of Fenney, that last batch of patio villas many had 2 car garages. They might of realized competing with resales in the established villages, they needed an extra boost that a 2 car garage can add. I had just traded my Camaro that did fit, but I had to back in my golf cart to work. Now I'm back to a 5" narrower car.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
It sure would be nice if those CYVs had larger garages or AT LEAST adequate driveways?
We had a CYV from 2007 to 2010, which I loved for our dogs.
We moved because our CYV had a small garage.
Fireboy is a remote-controlled aircraft enthusiast, and that hobby doesn't work if you have a small garage.
Now our garage looks like an airplane hangar.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:58 PM

So, you now mixed feelings about the expansion? Unfortunately, I just invested in a full-size truck, ONLY so I/we can haul a camper and possibly a boat when we make trips back up here(north). Hoping I don't regret it, as it will be the quickest sale ever. Regardless, I thought I could possibly live with it in the driveway, with carts in the garage, but now I'm sure I can't. Thanks all!
Closed Thread

Tags
home, purchase, villas, courtyard, villa

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.