Activities during LSV?

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2019, 06:29 AM
Default Activities during LSV?

We are coming down for a Lifestyle Visit at the end of April. We have visited my parents (annual renters) in TV about 3 times.

How difficult is it to participate in activities on a LSV? I keep reading that activities are overcrowded and/or have waiting lists. We would like to attend a couple of group activities just to see what they are like and to meet people. Has anyone had success doing this? THANKS!
Old 11-03-2019, 07:37 AM

As I recall I was liaisoned with a Villages broker. She was an excellent resource for all my questions, and comped me free tickets to a show at the Sharon. Plus she showed me some nice houses, and even pointed out Larry the Alligator back when he was still around.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:15 AM
Gold member

It's been seven years since we did the LSV, but it was an excellent experience all the way around. We did it in May, and there was no problem with crowding or wait times. Our sales agent was great, always there to assist and answer all questions. He made our golf reservations for us and got us the two courses we wanted to play. The house was great, with golf cart, bicycles, etc. We loved it, and hope you do too.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Our LSV was in 2011 but it was also late April, the 21st through 28th. By then a lot of the snowbirds are starting to leave. I played a round of championship golf at Cane Garden and a round of executive golf at Heron, my salesman Tony Trussler made the teetimes for me.

We went to the movies free, I'm not sure if you still get free tickets. We saw a film at SS and I think there was only 5 people at the afternoon show. We were taken to Lake Miona Rec Center by our salesman and toured the facilities and watched ladies pack care boxes for servicemen. We didn't attend any meetings or clubs while here.

We went to LSL every night, one reason we were staying in the really nice cottage homes at the foot of the bridge at LSL, so we didn't even need the cart to get to the square, we could walk. I went to the neighborhood pool a couple of times, that community has only 53 homes, I counted them. So the pool was pretty much my private pool. We ate at Bravo Pizza once, I liked it, but my wife didn't. It's right outside the cottages at the first redlight coming from Morse on the corner.

Brownwood hadn't opened yet, in fact there were no homes built yet south of 466A. We did go to Spanish Springs a couple of times. We made the mistake of going to Golden Corral for Thanksgiving. The food is alright, but the crowd was unreal. They should of cut it off at some point. There were no tables and the place was unbearable, I'm sure they set a record that day.

We had great weather, sunshine, no rain, no clouds in the sky and the temp was 90 degrees everyday and humidity wasn't bad. It's just before the rainy seasons starts and is probably the best weather of the year. April is also a great time to go the parks in Orlando because the schools are still in session and the weather is great.

I checked out the softball fields and watched some games. I played in a softball league for my first five years until 2016. We have the largest softball leagues in America with over 200 teams and 2500 players. We now have 11 ball diamonds at 4 locations and I believe some new fields will open soon if they haven't already down by Fenney. I'm not a bowler, but there are two bowling alleys at SS, so you might check them out if you're into bowling.

We also drove around looking at homes, our salesman spent parts of two days with us. One day we looked at all the CYV models and Cottage home models and the next day we looked at patio villa models. They were homes that were on the market and the salesman knows which ones he can show. It's good to have a great salesman. At the time Tony Trussler had been here two years, he's still working and now he's a ten year veteran. We still went to his annual party for about six years, the last couple were at Katie Belles.

That reminds me, we did go to Katie Belles a couple of times. It was much different then. It was a nightclub with some of the better bands and a big dance floor surrounded by tables. Above the dance floor was open to upstairs, and there was a restaurant (steak house) that could look down upon the first floor. They closed KB for a year, filled in the hole in the ceiling and the downstairs is now a clothing store, and upstairs is the music and restaurant together, and a lot of the shows have a cover charge and it's a more formal setting.

I found seven days we were busy most of the time. The autotrain was nice, didn't have to worry about driving, except to DC and from Sanford, Florida, which is about 75 minute drive. The only negative is the train still has winter rates in April. We took it another time in August and paid less than half the amount for the same trip.

Good luck on your lifestyle visit. All the new homes are 20 miles south of LSL and about 8 or 9 miles from Brownwood. The place has really grown. If you're like me, I wouldn't buy a new home now, look at the resales while here. I'm a golfer and only play the championship courses, from my home I can drive my cart to 8 different courses in under 25 minutes. The Villages of Pennecamp, Buttonwood, Tamarind Grove (mine), St. James, St. Charles and Gilchrist all have that same closeness to the courses. I enjoy the squares, the movies, spend a lot of time at MVP Gym at Brownwood, so much of the stuff that's not going to be in the new areas for a few years yet.

Last edited by John_W; 11-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Just avoid peak times where possible....TV has a high percent of folks that have to be early or first.....once past the peak time very normal.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:39 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Go to the square and start talking to the people. They will give you all kind of information and ideas. Also before you come, post on here what you are interested in trying. I bet you would get some invitations to join some of the groups from members on here.

Tags
activities, lsv, attend, couple, and/or

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.