Advice for new villagers
Home
Menu

Advice for new villagers

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Most Important
  #21  
Old 10-02-2018, 04:05 AM
ricthemic ricthemic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 416
Default Most Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Specialist View Post
What would you consider to be important or helpful for people considering moving to the Villagers to know? Any do's or don'ts?
IMO:
TV is awesome. For $145 per month there’s no place anywhere that comes close to offering their amenities.
My advice for non Florida residents is to downsize in present home area perhaps for family, friends, culture etc...But most important reason is healthcare. Especially at current age when you need it most. Awesome healthcare where your present doctors are actually from the finest medical schools IN United States.
Then enjoy many months a year in TV.
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 AM
BK001's Avatar
BK001 BK001 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bay Ridge Brooklyn, NY, The Village of Lynnhaven
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Administrator, aka ToTV advisor, I think you need to be more forthcoming with this new service. There is a tremendous amount of information already on this site so the purpose of this new function is not clear. IMHO, a better alternative would be to improve the search function, but I digress.
VT: I am so happy you mentioned this. As much as I love TOTV, I find the inadequacy of the SEARCH function to be quite frustrating.
__________________
A great attitude is a choice, not a disposition
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #23  
Old 10-02-2018, 09:20 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 34,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Administrator, aka ToTV advisor, I think you need to be more forthcoming with this new service. There is a tremendous amount of information already on this site so the purpose of this new function is not clear. IMHO, a better alternative would be to improve the search function, but I digress.
I agree. When I logged on to this Forum this morning I got a banner saying my search was directed to..??? Couldn't read fast enough. Also when posting, another banner that too quickly said, Thank you for posting, and it vanished too quickly to read the rest. Anyone else have these new wrinkles? If so Mr. Expert, WHY???
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-02-2018, 10:04 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 3,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. When I logged on to this Forum this morning I got a banner saying my search was directed to..??? Couldn't read fast enough. Also when posting, another banner that too quickly said, Thank you for posting, and it vanished too quickly to read the rest. Anyone else have these new wrinkles? If so Mr. Expert, WHY???
"Your search is in process and you will be taken to the results in a moment. Thank you for your patience."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-02-2018, 03:36 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
VT: I am so happy you mentioned this. As much as I love TOTV, I find the inadequacy of the SEARCH function to be quite frustrating.
Some websites won't allow you to search unless you're a registered user. I found a way around that, and I use it for searches on any website. Go to google, in my case the address bar I can search from google. Type in the name of the message board followed by a colon and then a search term and enter. example

talkofthevillages.com: landscaper

talkofthevillages.com: landscaper - Google Search

My search was a little broad, you can fine tune for better results.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
donts, dos, moving, people, villagers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.