Advice on visit please?

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2014, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
I agree about staying at the Waterfront Inn. The rooms, bedding, lake views, and walking distance to Lake Sumter Landing town square and live bands/dancing are superb at excellent prices.

I checked the website for Sunday night, and a double queen or king room with lake view is only $139. Here's their website:
Waterfront Inn Villages | The Villages, FL – USA

The other suggestions are good too, about the trolley tour which allows you to see the whole community with guides explaining it all.

And, talk with people sitting at the patio bar-restaurants and at the town squares where people are dancing to live music every night of the year. There's no place like this!
And you may be able to talk them into giving you the "family rate". Tell them you are here to look around TV. We did it twice before we bought our home.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:51 PM

It took my husband and me only two hours last spring to know that we had finally found "the place!" Enjoy your visit, you'll be overwhelmed.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Eternal Member

I fully agree on staying at the Waterfront Inn instead of Lady Lake and stayat least two nights.

Take the free trolley tour.

Go to Lake Sumter Landing for evening entertainment. Talk with the people around you.

Do not just look in the new sections but look around the villages of Caroline, Mallory Hill, and Virginia Trace. Beautiful areas with mature landscaping and no new construction surprises. Bond will be lower and prices are negotiable with sellers.

Bring a cup for yourself and one for your wife to drink the kool-aid - it tastes great!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
When you go to a square in the evening talk to people. A good opener is, "How long have you lived here?" Follow up with, "Aren't you tired of it yet?" The conversation will take off!

If you take the trolley you'll step inside the Sales Center and see the quality that pervades the Villages. Walk around nearby Lake Miona, or Sea Breeze regional rec center and experience more of the same. It's all yours.

Eat lunch at the Lighthouse Restaurant on the lake. If there's room for it, walk the Sumter Landing boardwalk and follow up with a Haagen Daaz ice cream. Notice that the speakers along the way are playing songs you remember from the 60's and 70's. And smile.

Definitely spend one hour at a pool and think to yourself, "one day that could be MY POOL."

If you hear some pocking sounds at a nearby pickleball court go and watch a few minutes and think to yourself - "don't those people know they are too old to be running around and having fun like that."

And when you stop by the Square at night and see the couples in their 60's & 70's dancing think to yourself - "they could be sitting home and watching tv every night instead of this."

Did I say, "talk to people?"

And you must . . . you must . . . you must . . . rent a golf cart for the day.

Great post!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.