Buying a 1 bedroom

Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Default Buying a 1 bedroom

My husband and I have a chance to buy a 1 br 1 bath home on the golf course in Orange Blossom. We would like to buy this so we have somewhere to go in the Villiages until I retire. We plan to put our home on the market this spring. When we sell we plan to rent the place out in orange Blossom and buy a newer home by Liberty or Duval area. What is your thoughts on this...
The home in Orange Blossom is Bank owned and we can get it for way under what it is worth.. Is this a stupid move or should we wait till we sale in order to buy our dream home? Do homes rent over in Orange Blossom. Need your great advise.... Thanks

Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Sage

This sounds like a single wide - not too many of those around. Double wide 2 BR 2 BA are common in that area and if they are in good condition do rent out.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 PM

No this home is a stick built home on the golf course, small 850 sq feet, has bamboo floors and looks to be in good condition.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Go for it!!

Sounds like a real good plan. I don't think that anybody can go wrong investing in real estate, especially here in TV. Rentals are always plentiful and a good ROI.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney

Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I think a one-bedroom will be harder to rent regardless of location. Most renters do have friends come to visit and a one-bedroom makes this difficult. That doesn't it won't rent, just means it will a little more difficult.

If you're a snowflake, it definitely makes sense to purchase something here if at all possible. Staying in one of the local hotels takes so much away from the whole TV experience. Trying to rent for short periods is well-nigh impossible. So, for a snowflake buying this house (which sounds adorable) might be a very good purchase.

If you're planning to be a snowbird, I would try to find a 2-bedroom -- you're going to have guests, too.

Of course, another alternative would be to add on a room. Lots on the historic side usually have more than enough room to do that.

Whatever you decide, it really is hard to go wrong purchasing in TV.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
BOMBERO
Default Not Orange Blossom

Just looked at it online. Looks nice....but it is on Silver Lake Exec. Golf Course not the 18 hole O.B.C.C.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 AM

iS THAT A NICE GOLF COURSE ? wE ARE NOT SURE OF THIS AREA. WHAT IS IT LIKE?

Old 02-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I really think that there will be other choices similar to this, so don't rush into it.

Come down again and look things over and take your time.

A lot of people say to rent for six months and I really think that is a better choice.

Remember that renting out a home is easy in January, February and March but not so much the rest of the year, so would it be a good investment?

Don't jump....hesitate and think on this.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Veteran member

I personally would not buy a one bedroom - resale is not good. There has been a one bedroom patio villa in my neighborhood for sale ever since I can remember - I went to the open house and it is very cute inside but not practical, I guess. I know I was advised against it when I was buying and I'm glad I took the advise.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Gold member
Default CAPlOcKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by babspadget View Post
iS THAT A NICE GOLF COURSE ? wE ARE NOT SURE OF THIS AREA. WHAT IS IT LIKE?
sure glad to see another person who has touble with the CAPSLOCK key.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM

Thank you for all your excellant advise.... Gracie, you sound so smart... My husband is allways telling me not to rush into something.... Thanks again and I hope ond day I can call myself a snowbird.....

Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 PM

We love our one bedroom patio villa. We have a queen size Murphy bed in the dining room area for guests...don't want all the relatives and friends with us all the time. There is plenty of room for four when we have another couple with us. Eveyone talks about downsizing-we have really done it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.