Am I Crazy?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJedi View Post
Good point! Great to meet a fellow TV Wannabe!
Yes, there are a few of us Wannabe/Gonnabe forum members floating around here and chatting with our very nice future neighbors. Hubby and I would love to make the move to TV tomorrow (I am 57 and hubby is 62) but I really want to get in 20 years of Federal service, as well as be in close proximity for a few more years to our grandaughters who are 1 and 4.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJedi View Post
Thanks for the responses! My hubby is getting a kick out of how I am on the TOTV boards now! LOL! We have watched the DVD from the sales office and I already subscribe to the VMail and I have The Daily Sun app on my phone!! See? Crazy! :-) Yes, I am a Disney fanatic! I love it! Used to go often when I lived in Florida; now I have to fly across the country to get there. Boo! Thanks for the heads up on the music scene. I like all types, but as a Gen-Xer (almost 47) I know it will be awhile before NIN or Muse (my favorites) plays the squares. [emoji13]
Don't believe the DVD. It really is not like that. The squares are not just for those that live here. They have many undesirables from the surrounding poor communities. The DVD leads you to believe only the seniors enjoy the squares. It's a marketing tool. You say you like rules. We have a hard time getting people to adhere to them. I'd bring up other issues that are constantly debated here, but don't want to add any more fuel to the fire. I'm already going to get blasted for this.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 PM

I think you are CRAZY if you don't come and spend a month checking everything out and ask plenty of questions. Most Villagers are very friendly and will be happy to give you answers.

Very interesting how the sections of The Villages evolves as to age. The early areas are the oldest but newcomers are arriving that are 55 plus therefore creating age diversified Villages.

This process will continue throughout TV. It will actually have a wave affect. The point is when a 80 year old moves away a 80 year old does not move in the replace them. But as one poster said the younger folks are moving south of 466A. I personally like the central location of TV North of 466A and South of 466.

Enjoy.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 10-01-2014, 05:16 PM

This is all so exciting!

I understand the marketing ploys (as someone who is already living in a master planned golfing community) and how TV is not perfect, but it sure seems like the MOST perfect place to have one of our retirement homes for my hubby and me.

I read Leisureville and, aside from the Mr.Midnight shanangans, think it only solidified my decision to keep TV on the (top of) the short list.

The dream is we will also keep our small vacation home on the West Coast. It is the total opposite of TV. West. North. Mountains. Liberal town. A small home (thinking patio villa) in TV would balance things out for us in early retirement. East. South. Relatively flat terrain. More conservative folks around. The variety would make early retirement more interesting.

Our GenX peers think we are crazy, hence the title of my post. Retirement community? My mom has a home in one in Arizona and loves it. AZ, however, is not appealing to us.

Thanks again for all the responses!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Don't believe the DVD. It really is not like that. The squares are not just for those that live here. They have many undesirables from the surrounding poor communities. The DVD leads you to believe only the seniors enjoy the squares. It's a marketing tool. You say you like rules. We have a hard time getting people to adhere to them. I'd bring up other issues that are constantly debated here, but don't want to add any more fuel to the fire. I'm already going to get blasted for this.
Oh please, you make it sound like scum bags are lurking around. I go the squares by myself and don't see these undesirables your speaking of. I do see a lot of people dancing, laughing, and spending time with friends having a great time.

OP come on down and do a lifestyle visit and see what a great place TV is.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:54 AM

A LSV is definitely in order! :-)
Old 10-04-2014, 10:25 AM

You have time. I would take it.

We recently bought a pre-owned. It was not the same as what we would have bought when we first learned about TV. I was in no hurry and did not want to be a landlord. We took the wait & see approach.

I admit to having concerns about the rapid rate of growth. We already feel the effect of the ratio of people to amenities and to something as mundane as grocery stores.

But for now, we really like being here. It is fun and we have wonderful neighbors and more blue sky in winter than could ever happen back home. I just can't help but wonder what the next few years will bring with the population explosion.

We rented a few times before buying.

Last edited by Laurie2; 10-08-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.