Am I Crazy?

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Gold member

Nope not crazy. Stopped working at 48 in 2002 and moved to FL in 2004. Visited friends in TV in 2012 and moved here 6 months later. Never imagined us living in a retirement community but so glad we are.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

consider buying a resale...there is no specific age requirement. What you want to buy some day is the lowest price it will be now!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Do you really have to be 55+ to buy? Isn't there some % that can be less than 55? I live here and am well over 55 but was wondering if someone under 55 wanted to buy, Could they?
Anyone can buy....the 55 rule applies to living here and yes, there is a % that can live here who are not 55. I think that's a Federal Law, not local.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
TV already seems like exactly what we want/need!
Do you mind me asking what requirements you have? It's not golf and you're still working so I assume it's not the activities. We might be better able to answer your questions if we knew what draws you here, or why you want to leave your present location.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJedi View Post
*hopeful not hopefully
Is this a grammar lesson ?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
*hopeful not hopefully
TVJedi, you can edit your own posts so you won't have to create another one for a grammatical error. And I'm happy for that.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:53 PM

No lesson...I am a teacher, so I corrected myself on my typo. :-)

What draws me to TV are many things. First, the sheer size of it and amount of activities...and like minded people! I would love to get involved in the clubs, teams, and events, as would my hubby! It also seems like an easy place to stay healthy...good weather, great sport/exercise facilities, etc. The location "near" Disney (I go every year) is a huge plus and the two coasts (for sunrises or sunsets!) are not too far away. Returning to the East Coast would increase the chances of family visiting us, we hope! We are on the West Coast now and rarely get visitors due to the distance. Lack of income tax on our government pensions is a factor too, admittedly. And the final thing I can think of is...rules!!! I am used to and love the rules and regulations of military bases and planned communities! Really! I love the order of it all. Crazy? Maybe!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
I can't wait to visit! I go to Disney yearly and plan to schedule a day at TV next time! Someday...Disney Annual Pass! Who is with me? :-)
I have several friends who have Disney Annual Passes and I consider them kind of crazy. Odds are, you could me too.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Sage
Default Works for us

We moved here at 52 and 53. Didn't pose a problem for us. We have made many good friends, are involved in activities as much as we want and now call this home. The only thing that we find that doesn't work for is are the shows that are at the Savanah Center, or other venues around The Villages. The music is for the generation before us therefore it is not appealing. The rat pack and the kind alike aren't our style. But, that is a minor issue and we find plenty to do that appeals to us. The Villages isn't for everyone so go on a lifestyle visit during peak season to see if it's for you. Best of luck! 😊😊
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 PM

Thanks for the responses! My hubby is getting a kick out of how I am on the TOTV boards now! LOL! We have watched the DVD from the sales office and I already subscribe to the VMail and I have The Daily Sun app on my phone!! See? Crazy! :-) Yes, I am a Disney fanatic! I love it! Used to go often when I lived in Florida; now I have to fly across the country to get there. Boo! Thanks for the heads up on the music scene. I like all types, but as a Gen-Xer (almost 47) I know it will be awhile before NIN or Muse (my favorites) plays the squares. [emoji13]
Old 09-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for the responses! My hubby is getting a kick out of how I am on the TOTV boards now! LOL! We have watched the DVD from the sales office and I already subscribe to the VMail and I have The Daily Sun app on my phone!! See? Crazy! :-) Yes, I am a Disney fanatic! I love it! Used to go often when I lived in Florida; now I have to fly across the country to get there. Boo! Thanks for the heads up on the music scene. I like all types, but as a Gen-Xer (almost 47) I know it will be awhile before NIN or Muse (my favorites) plays the squares. [emoji13]
Hang in there, I hear Justin Bieber signed to play in the squares in 2044.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 PM

Eeek! Fortunately, I am too old for that Bieber dude! :-) Seriously though, I have seen some videos of music (and dancing!) on the squares and it looks like a blast! :-)
Old 09-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Platinum member

Yes. Everyone is crazy. It's just a matter of degree. If you love an active lifestyle in the sun, then you'll love The Villages, regardless of age.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
I am 46 and bought my house here this year.
I wouldn't worry much about the music here. I think they do have some really good bands that come to the Savanah Center. One of my favorites is called "Beginnings" They are a Chicago Tribute band and Fleetwood Max was really good also. Just bought tickets to see Hotel California (Eagles tribute) Billy Joel tribute band, & Stayin Alive (who we saw last year also) They are a Bee Gees tribute band. There's also a bunch of bands at the squares that are really good.

Oh yeah, if you are looking for a Disney partner, I'm all there! LOL
Old 09-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Eeek! Fortunately, I am too old for that Bieber dude! :-) Seriously though, I have seen some videos of music (and dancing!) on the squares and it looks like a blast! :-)
We do have a lot of good old rock & roll !!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.