Amazon delivery

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
A little of topic but UPS use to deliver by golf cart. They had a trailer and would go through the neighborhoods. Not sure they do that anymore. I use to like it before Amazon created their own delivery system, UPS and FedEx were just fine, now add Amazon…. I try to avoid buying from Amazon but unfortunately in this day and age you can’t avoid it sometimes. Generally deliveries are placed inside our screened entryway.
Normally, they do this during the holiday season due to the vast numbers of packages.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Delivery to your front door always makes my wife nervous.
They do take a picture from your front door and sometimes post a notice of a delivery on line.
If you are going to be away for awhile, just make sure you don't order anything.

We normally have delivery within a day or two, so know when to expect something at time of order.

If a high dollar item is ordered, I also have a PMB at the UPS Store, so will use that as the "ship to" address.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 06-25-2022, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

Your Amazon delivery may be made by an Amazon truck or USPS. Usually it depends on the size of your package as well as the value of what is inside. If it’s small enough it will likely be in your mailbox.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:52 PM
Default Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&JenC View Post
Newbie here in Deluna. Whats the deal with Amazon here? Do they just deliver to your home address as per usual or does the mail station come into play. I should have asked at closing but I forgot about it.
I order a lot from Amazon and I get a lot of them delivered right to my front door and sometimes a small package may go to my PO box.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:56 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
A little of topic but UPS use to deliver by golf cart. They had a trailer and would go through the neighborhoods. Not sure they do that anymore. I use to like it before Amazon created their own delivery system, UPS and FedEx were just fine, now add Amazon…. I try to avoid buying from Amazon but unfortunately in this day and age you can’t avoid it sometimes. Generally deliveries are placed inside our screened entryway.
They only use the trailers around Christmas time...
Old 06-25-2022, 12:58 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjim View Post
I order a lot from Amazon and I get a lot of them delivered right to my front door and sometimes a small package may go to my PO box.
Most of Amazon deliveries depend on where the item(s) are shipped from...
Old 06-25-2022, 01:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
They only use the trailers around Christmas time...
It seems to vary, I occasionally see a UPS golf cart in our neighborhood and sometimes see a UPS truck.

I expect they will soon be trying out delivery drones, that would seem to make a lot of sense. A large "mother" truck carrying a bunch of small drones. Stop, let the drones out to deliver, the drones return, plug in, get loaded with another package by the automated mother truck, and then it moves to the next area. Of course they have to work out security (people stealing drones) but it will come. Soon I hope.

Last edited by MartinSE; 06-26-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:53 PM

I get a lot of Amazon orders and like the others said it depends. The bigger heavy boxes are placed at my front door. Light packages can be either front door or mailbox. I had small very light boxes dropped off at home a couple times so not all small stuff goes to the mailbox.

A few times I even had the same guy in an unmarked white SUV hatchback drop off my Amazon stuff. At first I thought was it sent to the wrong address? He leaves quickly before I can ask. If I get a package/letter meant for a neighbor in my mailbox I just drop it off inside their front screen door. Happened once.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:56 AM

Yes sir, I am...
Old 06-26-2022, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

I know there's a lot of people sell books for $3.99 plus tax, I think it's more to get good ratings and to make any money because even with your labor being nothing you can't really make anything even if you got the book for free
Old 06-26-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&JenC View Post
Newbie here in Deluna. Whats the deal with Amazon here? Do they just deliver to your home address as per usual or does the mail station come into play. I should have asked at closing but I forgot about it.
They deliver to our house if it come by ups. In December ups used a golf cart pulling a trailer it was brown and had ups on it kind of funny to see
Old 06-26-2022, 11:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
I know there's a lot of people sell books for $3.99 plus tax, I think it's more to get good ratings and to make any money because even with your labor being nothing you can't really make anything even if you got the book for free
I assume this was posted to the wrong thread? I have no idea what it is about?
Old 06-26-2022, 12:20 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I got it
Old 06-26-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyCooper View Post
We closed in Jan 2022 and for the first few months everything went to the postal station. I'm guessing that once Google Maps gets updated that's when packages start coming to your door. I'd say since early May it's been a pretty regular thing for packages to get dropped at our door.

I'm wondering if you're the Tom from Jersey I've been chatting with?
Roy
Indeed sir, it is.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:40 PM
Default DeLuna

I live in DeLuna and get stuff brought to my house all the time. The only things that go to the mailbox is stuff shipped USPS
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, mail, station, play, asked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.