Arkansas Razorbacks move to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Default Arkansas Razorbacks move to The Villages

Hi my name is Paul and my wife's name is Sharon. We have planned on our retirement the past 10 years, with our focus upon TV since 2007. Sharon was an RN and retired in 2012 and I spent 30 years in the National Guard, and then the last 15 years as an instructor and manager of instructors at the Professional Education Center located on Camp Robinson in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Sharon's hobbies are just about anything creative and I am thinking of writing a book. We have 5 kids (counting spouses), 7 grandkids and 1 great grand daughter. We have 2 mini-havanese dogs in which my wife treats like kids. We are currently renting and close on our house on the 14th of October. We have been here on vacation 5 previous times and are excited about finally living the dream.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Arkansas View Post
Hi my name is Paul and my wife's name is Sharon. We have planned on our retirement the past 10 years, with our focus upon TV since 2007. Sharon was an RN and retired in 2012 and I spent 30 years in the National Guard, and then the last 15 years as an instructor and manager of instructors at the Professional Education Center located on Camp Robinson in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Sharon's hobbies are just about anything creative and I am thinking of writing a book. We have 5 kids (counting spouses), 7 grandkids and 1 great grand daughter. We have 2 mini-havanese dogs in which my wife treats like kids. We are currently renting and close on our house on the 14th of October. We have been here on vacation 5 previous times and are excited about finally living the dream.
Welcome Paul and Sharon. In what Village will you be living?
This is such an exciting time for you ... Enjoy!
We're generally a friendly bunch on TOTV, so feel free to ask questions.
Also the search button above will provide past threads on just about every topic.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:31 PM

Our good friend Jim Morton is a Razorback, there are some others here, not me!!! I am from Mississippi, California and Tennessee. For me it's Bulldawgs, Trojans and Tigers!! You will love living here, we have been here three years. My wife, Ann, does line dancing and zumba, just golf for me.. Good luck on your move.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Sage

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default welcome to paradise

We have great friends from Conway, Ark.. They love those razorbacks also. Hope your transition will be smooth and you will enjoy "golf heaven"
Old 09-30-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Arkansas View Post
Congratulations on your move to The Villages!!
I am not from Arkansas ,but I went to college in Fayetteville . While in college I went to most of the home games and have always supported the Razorbacks. I went to one game when #1 Texas played #2 Arkansas . My team did not win!

Hope you enjoy your new home!
Hope you get to write that book!
Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Welcome Paul and Sharon! You will love living here! There is no other place like this in the world.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

kcrazorbackfan from Kansas City here. My wife and I are closing on a home (Village of St. James) Thanksgiving week and moving down the permanently next late spring/early summer. Die-hard Hog fans! Woo Pig Sooie!
Old 11-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

welcome!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.