Avoid Using Trugreen

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Default Avoid Using Trugreen

I stopped using Trugreen a couple months ago for the following...
1) Their customer service is awful. (was good a couple years ago)
2) Lawn care went downhill.
Today, I got a call from a woman named Ashley. She told me that they had some kind of special going on. I told her I switched lawn care providers and she promptly hung up. I called her back at 727-401-6041 and when she answered, I told her I did not appreciate her hanging up on me. She them promptly hung up on me again. I then called a Trugreen # and after waiting 3 minutes, the message I heard was that there would be a 3 hour wait.
If you are looking for a lawn care company, I would avoid Trugreen. My lawn guy recommended Green Smiths Pest Control, so I switched to them and hope for better results & service.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

So you got a call and you told her you switched services and she hung up then you called her back to tell her you didn’t like that she hung up on you then she did it again , then you called another number and waited 3 minutes to talk to a company that your no longer with , I’m trying to figure out WHY
Old 05-03-2021, 08:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
So you got a call and you told her you switched services and she hung up then you called her back to tell her you didn’t like that she hung up on you then she did it again , then you called another number and waited 3 minutes to talk to a company that your no longer with , I’m trying to figure out WHY
Got to agree with you on this one for sure.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh214 View Post
Today, I got a call from a woman named Ashley. She told me that they had some kind of special going on. I told her I switched lawn care providers and she promptly hung up. I called her back at 727-401-6041 and when she answered, I told her I did not appreciate her hanging up on me. She them promptly hung up on me again. I then called a Trugreen # and after waiting 3 minutes, the message I heard was that there would be a 3 hour wait.
If you are looking for a lawn care company, I would avoid Trugreen. My lawn guy recommended Green Smiths Pest Control, so I switched to them and hope for better results & service.
I can understand changing lawn care companies but why did you feel a need to get her to apologize for hanging up?
Old 05-04-2021, 09:33 AM

Because failing to address rudeness only promotes it.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I choose to limit my battles in everyday life to very important things it makes life much easier and wasting time on the phone with some low paying person who is dealing with people who have all called in a state of frustration about something that’s not her fault is very low on my list of problems , it’s a cliche but still rings true Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff
Old 05-05-2021, 05:18 AM

It’s my experience TruGreen is a sales organization with some lawn guys. YEARS after I cancelled my service up north they kept calling me regularly to come back. The mail is easy to throw away but the calls kept coming. I’d be happy this particular salesperson ended the sales script with a hang up, but wait for the next call. And the next. And the next. After I told several reps I would not be returning to TruGreen ever.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:36 AM

As a previous business owner, retired now, I always wanted to be alerted if any of my employees were rude of unprofessional in any way. Maybe the lack of concern by business owners is a big cause of todays problems.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Ditto.

I thought Trugreen's sales were deceptive and their lawn care results sucked. I switched to Green Smiths and have a much better looking lawn.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:48 AM
Default TruGreen

Why attempt to ruin the business just because some 3rd party telemarketer hung up on you. Sounds like you're just some old bitter person trying to get revenge. I've been using TruGreen for years and am happy with their service and my lawn

Last edited by Jacksig; 05-05-2021 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Add
Old 05-05-2021, 06:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Exactly! Lets see.....you no longer want to do business with them. You told them that. They hung up on you and you call back? You expected an apology? Or most likely you called back to argue with a person who no longer cares whether your lawn lives or dies? Pick your battles and move on. That return call was a wasted time.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I had TruGreen for nine months of a one year contract. Twice, the tech came and put an invoice in my door without doing ANYTHING. I let them come back the first time, but fired them after the second. In the nine months I had them, the lawn did not get any better. I do it myself now with Milorganite and Scott’s Weed & Feed. Looks great now, with no more bare spots and fewer weeds.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:27 AM
Default Thanks for the comments

The reason I called her back and then made an additional call was to inform someone else with Trugreen that they have a rude employee working for them. If I was in management with them and heard about that customer service, she would be let go and not have the opportunity to be rude to someone else. Enjoy your day.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:28 AM

I am in no way a bitter person. Just wanted to report on bad customer service. Glad you’re getting good service.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Next time tell them what's your name? Then take me off your list or I'll file a small claims court action ($1,000) .
Closed Thread

Tags
trugreen, lawn, told, care, switched

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.