Back to The Villages (again)

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Default Back to The Villages (again)

Well we are moving back We first moved to The Villages in 2001 to Polo Ridge. We sold and moved back to Wisconsin in 2014 after living there for 13 years. I am originally from Florida and most of our kids, grandkids and relatives live in Florida. Now our friends up here are all moving away. We rented in The Villages this winter for a month and realized how much we missed The Villages, even though it has become more crowded.

We started going to open houses and found one we liked very much in Marion County. It seems to be a little less hectic in Marion county. So we bought a resale in Woodbury. My sister use to live in Woodbury, however they also moved away to the Panhandle, so we were acquainted with the area.

Now that we own another house in The Villages we have to get our house on the lake in Wisconsin sold so we can move back. SOON
Old 06-17-2017, 08:03 PM

I'm curious. Why did you move to Wisconsin?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Welcome back. Know what you mean by not crowded up in the upper 40. We live in Santo Domingo and even when the snowbirds are back it's never worse than the seasonal mess south of 466. Happy right where we're at.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Gold member

The northern part of The Villages is slowly becoming the most desirable location. Ever notice it has the least amount of homes available by area in the newspaper? Least hectic, most beautiful and furthest away from all of that building going on down south.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
Well we are moving back We first moved to The Villages in 2001 to Polo Ridge. We sold and moved back to Wisconsin in 2014 after living there for 13 years. I am originally from Florida and most of our kids, grandkids and relatives live in Florida. Now our friends up here are all moving away. We rented in The Villages this winter for a month and realized how much we missed The Villages, even though it has become more crowded.

We started going to open houses and found one we liked very much in Marion County. It seems to be a little less hectic in Marion county. So we bought a resale in Woodbury. My sister use to live in Woodbury, however they also moved away to the Panhandle, so we were acquainted with the area.

Now that we own another house in The Villages we have to get our house on the lake in Wisconsin sold so we can move back. SOON
"grandkids and relatives live in Florida."
I have to ask you, if most of your immediate family live in Florida whatever made you move to Wisconsin? None of my business, but very curious.

There are many days when the heat would drive me out of Florida, thankfully my other half would not consider leaving.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have to ask you, if most of your immediate family live in Florida whatever made you move to Wisconsin? None of my business, but very curious.

There are many days when the heat would drive me out of Florida, thankfully my other half would not consider leaving.
As we age and develop more health problems, we move closer to at least one of our children. Our children have young families and work, and it is irresponsible of us if we expect one of them to give up his job and move closer to us in order to care for us.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

We still owned a place on a lake. Thought it would be nice and we could put up with the winters, wrong northern Wisconsin is real cold. In the winter.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, back, moved, marion, live

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.