Beaches

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2017, 09:58 AM

I like Melbourne Beach on the Atlantic and Siesta Key on the Gulf.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:36 AM

All nice beaches but be aware that "in Season" getting to any of these beaches is a nightmare.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
For several years, Clearwater Beach was named the best beach in Florida. Last year it 2was named the best beach in the U.S.
After exploring several other options, it's the only beach we go to now.

It's a combination of it being a great beach and the convenience of getting there, the convenience of parking, food concessions and facilities.

I was very disappointed with the beaches on the east coast except for South Miami Beach which is too far away to travel to regularly.

Daytona and New Smyrna don't have very nice sand and no facilities. Daytona has a food truck on the beach and New Smyrna has a nice restaurant.
We traveled to Clearwater Beach and had a wonderful time. Didn't mess around with any back roads, took the main interstates. Not a bad drive at all until we hit Tampa, then the usual big city interstate congestion. Took about 2 hours door to door.

Had no idea where to camp out, chose the South Beach. Wow. Beautiful beach. Clean, soft cushy white sand. Not crowded at all. Lifeguards all along the beach. Water was chilly, so we only went in knee deep, but there were people swimming out there.

Plenty of choices for lunch, we ended up at Hooters, where we had a nice meal while enjoying the scenery.

Haven't checked out the Atlantic coast, but when we go to the gulf, we will return to Clearwater Beach for sure.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

John W you did a great job of showing the West Coast beaches. You made me homesick for the beaches. We wintered on the Intercoastal in Reddington Shores for many years, just a small cottage on the water - walk to the end of the road and cross Gulf Blvd and you are on the Gulf. We had fully intended to retire there, but it became a transient area and Gulf Blvd traffic is horrendous, but it is a gorgeous area.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark47 View Post
Siesta beach, number 1 beach in the USA
Actually, Clearwater Beach has been named the number one beach in the country. But I used to live in Sarasota and love Siesta Key Beach.

As far as the Atlantic side goes, I've been to Daytona, New Smyrna and another that I can't remember. They are all pretty much the same.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:20 PM

Clearwater Beach is beautiful and we have been going there for years. We usually stay at Sheppard`s resort which is about a 10 minute walk to the main beach. Sheppard`s has a nice Tiki bar and entertainment in the evening. We also like to go to Hoilman`s Beachcomer for a great dinner and hear the excellent piano player.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We Just spent a week in Clearwater at the Opal Sands. Beautiful hotel and the restaurant was so good we ate there every night.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:39 PM

John... Thanks for the Great Information... I just copied it...
Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, atlantic, beach, gulf, coast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.