Being Active & Staying Injury Free?

Being Active & Staying Injury Free?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-06-2019, 04:48 PM

Location: We are now here in Pine Hills, recently arrived from Alaska!

I agree with many others here.

If by "Active" you mean competitive sports, this will strain your abilities (always trying to improve) and may result in higher likelihood of overexertion. However if "Active" means simply enjoying the sport, then your chances of becoming injured are less as you are more there for the journey than the completion of the trip.

Of course some sports are more prone to injuries (compare the sports of road bicycle racing to bird watching). I think I could enjoy doing both, but I realize that: me perched on a thin tire bike going 40 MPH is more apt to result in an injury than looking a a songbird perched on a branch.

To sum it up, life is full of opportunities and chances. Find one that pleases and is acceptable to you and enjoy! There are MANY to choose from here!

Old 07-06-2019, 06:43 PM

My activity includes driving the golf cart, floating in the pool and sitting listening to music in the squares. I guess the physical part is walking from where I park to the square or other event. No plans to do much else.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Sage

I know that the first eye-opener for me was I was so hyped up to get here that I wanted to repair all the years of sitting at a desk in one month in The Villages.

When I ended up meeting My Primary Doctor for the first time he said "Big Steed, Pace Yourself and Start Out with Swimming" until we get some of that Baby Fat off of you! I'm still Swimming three years later and have only gotten injured as a spectator watching HorseShoes. I was not watching and got clocked. Thankfully NOTHING got broken and they didn't get a Ringer on me if you catch my drift!

They were more concerned about me Suing them, which I don't do cause when I got up I asked whoever it was for the Morgan & Morgan Phone Number. Just Kidding.

Just pace yourself you'll be fine.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM

I might have asked for the Captain Morgan with some Coke mixed in!!

Tags
active, injured, free, week, injury