Best Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2022, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Our Yamaha with a carburetor cost $9000 new in 2016. I love our cart. The only extra I got was the special paint for either $300 or $400 more. I put new tires and a battery before they went bad as a safety measure.

You really can't go wrong any way you go. Star Carts were off limits in 2016 and now I see them all over the place. Electric VS. Gas. A personal preference strictly. Both reliable and it doesn't matter which one you decide on.

Last edited by Nucky; 10-16-2022 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
The same guy that can deliver you gas can put your electric cart on a truck and take it back to your home for charging. There are a couple of these low cost, "AAA type" services for golf carts in The Villages.
Being taken home and being able to continue on are very different.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

A few years back, one of our golf group members drove up in his electric cart and announced that he forgot to plug it in. Could he ride with someone. This is the exact reason I did not buy an electric cart.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
My Ford is better than your Chevy.
No body thinks that.

Old 10-15-2022, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Quite likely. But isn't delivering a can of gas to a stranded cart driver a whole lot cheaper than going to the stranded electric cart, loading it up and driving it "X" number of miles to the person's home for charging?
Would not cost me a penny more than the guy bringing you a can of gas. If you are not capable of looking and monitoring your charge level, you probably would run out of gas as well.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
No body thinks that.

Think again.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
The great thing about a lithium battery cart is, you can plug it in after every drive and have a full charge for your next one. A 60 mile range is more than enough. I also have a Atomic Kart and I can go 40 miles on a charge with non lithium batteries, and that’s with A/C running full time.
I thought they were up to 80 miles but maybe not. From my house to Fenney Grill is 26 miles so there is not much else I would be able to do if I had an electric cart. With my gas cart I can easily get 100 miles in a day. Not everyday but good to know it isn’t a problem.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
We are considering moving to TV next year and I am doing some research on golf carts. When we go down to the square we see mostly Yamaha's.
What is the considered the best brand and I'm assuming gas would be the way to go?
Thanks
IMHO, gas Yamaha. You can get a good deal on a factory restored one, not necessarily quiet tech.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:37 AM
Veteran member

After 14 years of driving gas carts here, we bought an electric Evolution cart with a lithium battery. Couldn't be happier, and would never go back to gas. 85 mile range, very quiet, very comfortable. Love not having to get gas for it; easy plug-in whenever we bring it into the garage; no complex maintenance for the battery. We never come close to using up even half of its range.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:57 AM

Sirius EV. 80 miles on a charge. Quiet and fast. Lots of headroom. Neat trunk in the front for beer and drinks. Nice display that gives mph and charge. App on your phone connects to battery to give exact charge and battery health. I can go from the south of the villages to Lopez and play 18 and drive home and still have a third of a charge left. Nothing better. Uses the receptacle in your garage.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:25 AM
Default Save Money

When ready to buy, go to Carts and Clubs in Ocala. Make an appointment with Peggy. Saved over $4000 on same cart with The Villages. Deliver to your home and will service at your home.
https://ocalayamaha.com/
Old 10-16-2022, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

Yamaha is the most seen , I personally would look have to a more modern looking design. Yamaha has had that designed cart for probably 10 years also the lithium battery carts are really taking off, those that have them love them. Great range low maintenance.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
After 14 years of driving gas carts here, we bought an electric Evolution cart with a lithium battery. Couldn't be happier, and would never go back to gas. 85 mile range, very quiet, very comfortable. Love not having to get gas for it; easy plug-in whenever we bring it into the garage; no complex maintenance for the battery. We never come close to using up even half of its range.
10 years with elec batteries, like them a lot.

Now just bought an Evolution this cart is great under $10K (not in the villages) the thegolfcartcompany.com (delivered) comes with stereo car play has screen with mileage charge level.

Go's easy 50 miles, recharges in 2-3 hours.

Is very quick from dead stop goes 25mph

THere's even a facebook group Log into Facebook | Facebook

Features may include:

Luxury 2 Tone Seats

9-inch touchscreen with back-up camera

Decorative Strip

Colored Decorative Wheel Trim

New dashboard with colored cover cellphone/cupholders

Luxury Steering Wheel

Extended roof and flip flop rear seat kits

New plastic rear seat kit with trunk & cup holders

Rearview Mirror

Speedometer

Horn

USB Port

110AH 48v Lithium Battery

Additional

Acid Dipped, Powder Coated Steel Chassis for a longer “cart life expectancy” with a LIFETIME Warranty!

Onboard waterproof Evolution charger, preprogrammed to Evolution lithium batteries!

Clear foldable windshield

Injection mold body with impact resistance

Independent suspension with four arms

Assembled at one of our 2 – locations in the USA for proper quality control.

Bright lighting for the front and rear in order to maximize visibility in the dark and to alert other drivers on the road to be aware of your presence
Old 10-16-2022, 06:38 AM

I have an Evolution electric. Love the convenience of just plugging it in. No smell, no stopping at gas station. I find electric quieter. I have more than enough range about 60-70 miles. That's long enough to ride in golf cart. I find I take the cart for short trips and entertainment and I take the car when I have a purpose for a trip.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carms View Post
When ready to buy, go to Carts and Clubs in Ocala. Make an appointment with Peggy. Saved over $4000 on same cart with The Villages. Deliver to your home and will service at your home.
Carts & Clubs | Golf Carts for Sale near Villages in Florida
Peggy is great - very helpful and always willing to answer any questions. Yamaha Quiettech2 for me!

Tags
golf, gas, assuming, considered, yamahas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.