Bike racks near the squares?

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Default Bike racks near the squares?

My wife and I are coming down for a lifestyle visit on Dec 30th. We're bringing our mountain bikes, We love to ride to where we're going and it's great exercise.
Do they have a place where you can lock them up near the squares?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:28 AM
Default Bike Ridng in The Villages??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
My wife and I are coming down for a lifestyle visit on Dec 30th. We're bringing our mountain bikes, We love to ride to where we're going and it's great exercise.
Do they have a place where you can lock them up near the squares?

Thanks in advance.
I hate to be the one to tell you but, people who ride their bikes on the Golf Cart Paths create a dangerous situation when you want to pass a bicyclist and you have a golf cart coming in the other direction. In addition, people who ride their bicycles on the golf cart paths are too slow. I recently noticed 2 people on a tandem bike riding on Buena Vista where there is not shoulder for bikes or paths gold carts. Cars were slowing down and changing lanes to avoid them this was a very serious situation. Ride the bikes on the street in the neighbor hoods not on main roadways and again please stay off the golf cart paths.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I hate to be the one to tell you but, people who ride their bikes on the Golf Cart Paths create a dangerous situation when you want to pass a bicyclist and you have a golf cart coming in the other direction. In addition, people who ride their bicycles on the golf cart paths are too slow. I recently noticed 2 people on a tandem bike riding on Buena Vista where there is not shoulder for bikes or paths gold carts. Cars were slowing down and changing lanes to avoid them this was a very serious situation. Ride the bikes on the street in the neighbor hoods not on main roadways and again please stay off the golf cart paths.

It’s not a golf cart path, it’s a multi modal path designed for Walkers, runners, bicycles and golf carts.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
It's only dangerous when a cart driver is unwilling to recognize his responsibility to operate his vehicle is a safe manner while sharing the MULTI-MODAL PATH with others.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
I hate to be the one to tell you, but they ARE NOT "golf cart paths" they are Multi-Modal Paths and carts, bicycles and pedestrians ALL have equal rights to use them. They are only dangerous when PEOPLE don't know how to use them. Cyclists have EVERY RIGHT to drive on Buena Vista Blvd, by Florida law. If one does not like it, go lobby the Florida legislature, but until they change the law, might I suggest one show some courtesy to fellow Villagers in America's FRIENDLIEST hometown?
Old 11-13-2021, 07:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Which Square???

Sumter & Brownwood..................yes.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Which Square???

Sumter & Brownwood..................yes.
How dare you actually answer the OP's question!!!!
This is TOTV---get back with the program
Old 11-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Spanish Springs has several bike racks around the square also.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
How dare you actually answer the OP's question!!!!
This is TOTV---get back with the program

Oh, Ur right.

Correction.....................
"So you are one of those bike rights.
Everyone hates you.
Follow the laws/rules.
Quit blowing thru stop signs.
Move over, quit taking all of the lane.
No body likes bikes riders."
Old 11-13-2021, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:

Oh, Ur right.

Correction.....................
"So you are one of those bike rights.
Everyone hates you.
Follow the laws/rules.
Quit blowing thru stop signs.
Move over, quit taking all of the lane.
No body likes bikes riders."
Much better!
Old 11-13-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
They are called "Multi-Modal" paths for a reason...

Bikes are most certainly allowed. As are walkers.

If you have difficulty passing them in a safe manner, maybe YOU should stop driving...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-13-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
It’s not a golf cart path, it’s a multi modal path designed for Walkers, runners, bicycles and golf carts.
Thanks! I was hoping that was the case after seeing the first answer. My wife and I are also runners. If we don't have the ability to enjoy biking and running there we won't be moving to TV.
Outdoor fitness is very important to us. If we end up getting a place there we'll get a golf cart for sure. But we'll also bike a lot. Hopefully I won't run into the arrogant a** who said the paths are only for golf carts. lol

And thanks for actually answering my question.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
My wife and I are also runners. If we don't have the ability to enjoy biking and running there we won't be moving to TV.
As a runner, you really, really, really need to be on your toes (no punn) and run into traffic. Nothing nasty about Villagers, you just need to be extremely careful here. As a runner, you have no protection and there are many blind spots on paths. I have had to kiss a bush a couple of times.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
As a runner, you really, really, really need to be on your toes (no punn) and run into traffic. Nothing nasty about Villagers, you just need to be extremely careful here. As a runner, you have no protection and there are many blind spots on paths. I have had to kiss a bush a couple of times.
Thanks for the advice. But I've been running for over 40 years. We live in a small town in SW Indiana where the roads have very little shoulder. So I'm ready to jump at moment. lol.

We ride mountain bike trails here. So we plan on hitting some Florida trails when we're there. But we'll see. Outdoor exercise and activities are a priority for us.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:32 AM

There are at least 2 biking/walking-only paths in some of the new sections - near Chitty Chatty/Bradford and on the other side of Warm Springs near Marsh Bend/DeLuna - no golf carts allowed. And now accessible from north of 44 from the Chitty Chatty Bridge and the Water Lily Bridge. And some good bike trails outside the Villages, but you will need to transport your bikes there. Weekends are busy on the outside paths so we usually only do those during the week, but Sunday morning is a great time to bike inside the Villages - very little traffic then. Golf courses are much more numerous above Rt 44 but biking better south of Rt 44
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, bike, great, exercise, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.