"Blue Fin has best seafood in the area"

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcurtis View Post
I heard a few friends say this about the Blue Fin when we visited recently and was wondering if its accurate or if there is a better place that would be recommended.
Accurate!!!
Old 06-27-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Cod and haddock seem very popular at Blue Fin. Wish rhey had Florida fish like red snapper, mayi mahi or grouper on their regular menu. They're the best.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:01 AM

Just had brunch very very average food nothing special. Now the Bloody Mary was above average ..
Old 06-28-2021, 06:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

[QUOTE=dewilson58;1965539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post

Cool.
Is a license/permit required????
Personal use or can you sell???
Personal use. No permit/license required. I have a couple of thousand growing in different stages. My family helps themselves anytime of year. Friends drop by and we steam a few, some are from TVs. They are also great at cleaning the water.

The grandkids like to fish off the dock and we will be steaming crabs this week.

Live is good.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnerkim View Post
Blue fin is good but I prefer the fisherman on 44 in Tavares. Not much to look at but the food is awesome@
Inverness.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:00 AM

I'm from New England too. I have been to O'Shucks and it was very good. The specialty is of course the oysters. Although I have been eating fried clams all my life I have never had a fried oyster. I tried them the the other day and they were good but I guess I prefer clams. Interestingly they offer steamers but not fried clams. Don't understand that. The place is a dive but we usually go to the outdoor patio and that's pleasant enough. My wife does not like seafood but everything she has ordered she really liked. You can add $1 drafts to the appeal (it's Miller BTW - at least the day we went).

Sam St. Johns is just okay. I agree with former poster that the scallops are weird and will not order again. The only reason I go to Sam St. Johns is their fried whole-belly clams which are only served on Fridays and not on the menu. A secret menu thing. This was pre Covid so I don't know what's up now.

But I want to add that the best Seafood I have found is at Dan's Clam Stand in Crystal River. A real New England owner serving real New England seafood. Now the menu does have things like bay scallops for the uninitiated but they offer the "real thing" from New Bedford for us more appreciative diners. The owner came to our table to welcome us. He is super friendly and even gave us free clam chowder. Nothing fancy here but just excellent seafood.

Take a nice ride:
Access Denied

Last edited by BostonRich; 06-28-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
blue, fin, place, accurate, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.