Boston to Deluna

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2022, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Interesting. I would think that spices give the food their particular flavor and would be available nationwide. Ingredients I would imagine are also nationwide with possible differences based on the season.
In the north we have almond boneless chicken, tempura batter served with a gravy to pour over. Gravy is the same color as their almond cookies.
We have not found named dish, Almond batter or gravy. Spices are part of the dish, the region dictates how it is prepared.

Our son who lives in St Paul, took a sample back home to their local Asian restaurant, while they liked the flavors, it was not their traditional dish, it was a no.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
In the north we have almond boneless chicken, tempura batter served with a gravy to pour over. Gravy is the same color as their almond cookies.
We have not found named dish, Almond batter or gravy. Spices are part of the dish, the region dictates how it is prepared.

Our son who lives in St Paul, took a sample back home to their local Asian restaurant, while they liked the flavors, it was not their traditional dish, it was a no.
We prefer buffets and in a crowded restaurant the dishes are replenished quickly so food still tasty. However most of the food at a buffet is the same whether you are north or south. Always amazed how many different dishes I have had in China always new ones and how here almost always the same.

Guess they figure we want the same old.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:25 PM

Well as you can see there are grumps (I’m being nice) everywhere, jeez… Don’t let that rain on your parade. DeLuna is a great location! Congratulations! We hope you love The Villages as much as we do!
Old 08-26-2022, 06:53 AM
Location: Rhode Island native now full time resident of St Johns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesDeLunatics View Post
Just bought a home in DeLuna, never been to the villages but can’t wait to get there Sept.17th. Can’t wait to meet you all.
My husband and I life long Rhode Islanders recently relocated to the lower St. Johns area of The Villages which is not very far from DeLuna. We have no regrets with relocating from R.I. at this time in our lives, or to the area, lot, and model home we purchased in TV. I can't even begin to tell you what a joy it has been to no longer have to deal with the endless home and yard upkeep of the two story colonial style home we lived in for 32 years now owned by a 30 something year old couple expecting their 1st child which the home is perfect for them as it was for us when we were a 30 something year old couple. Please disregard the negative comments to your post as life is way too short to live it seeing the glass 1/2 empty instead of 1/2 full. Regardless of how and where you purchased your home in TV consider yourself as we do fortunate, because living in TV east, west, north, or south is a dream that many people have which for various reasons will never be realized. Best of luck and welcome to TV.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayLady57 View Post
My husband and I life long Rhode Islanders recently relocated to the lower St. Johns area of The Villages which is not very far from DeLuna. We have no regrets with relocating from R.I. at this time in our lives, or to the area, lot, and model home we purchased in TV. I can't even begin to tell you what a joy it has been to no longer have to deal with the endless home and yard upkeep of the two story colonial style home we lived in for 32 years now owned by a 30 something year old couple expecting their 1st child which the home is perfect for them as it was for us when we were a 30 something year old couple. Please disregard the negative comments to your post as life is way too short to live it seeing the glass 1/2 empty instead of 1/2 full. Regardless of how and where you purchased your home in TV consider yourself as we do fortunate, because living in TV east, west, north, or south is a dream that many people have which for various reasons will never be realized. Best of luck and welcome to TV.
Thank you for the positive comment. We can’t wait to get there
Closed Thread

Tags
wait, deluna, can’t, boston, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.