Brownwoods? information

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Default Brownwoods? information

Hi, just found you folks. We've purchased a villa in Hadley, sadly we won't be moving in until October. We've seen some discussion of the planned third towncenter, Brownwoods, I think. Is there any information available about the plans for it, amenities, shops, restaurants, etc and the timeframe?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: Brownwoods? information

Hi wdwduo,

I have asked our Guest Coordinator for information regarding Brownwood Paddock but she wasn't able to give me a specific time when the square will open for business.

Here is a hyperlink to the only information I've been able to find out about it.

http://www.thevillagescommercialprop...-brownwood.asp
Old 05-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Veteran member

There was something in an advertisement paper a friend saw that said at least 3 years...so it would be after they start building and selling homes south of 466A.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Gold member

In the recent Mark Morse speech he stated that Brownwood is in the permit stage and construction will start as new home construction approaches that area. He mentioned 3 years I can't remember if that was an estimate as to start of construction or estimate of completion. There are still many home sites North of 466A to be built before they even start on construction South of 466A.

My guess is that the first construction that we will see South of 466A will be golf courses. My first visit to The Villages was in December of 2003. If I remember correctly they were just starting to build homes South of 466 and Palmer Legends restaurant was open and the course was open a couple of Months later. Lake Sumter Landing was under construction and they were working 24 hours a day. You could see the lights at night and it looked like a baseball park at night with the bright lights.

Buena Vista Blvd is complete now to within about a mile or so from State Road 44. Brownwood will be at State Road 44 and Buena Vista Blvd.

There is a great map available at the sales office for no cost that shows the location of Brownwood and the major roads as well as golf courses South of 466A
Old 05-20-2008, 02:56 AM
JohnnyM

welcome wdwduo, hope to see you in Hadley.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:33 AM

Thanks for the info.
wdwduo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.