brownwwod

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran member
Default brownwwod

the other news paper was talking about how small and empty Brownwood is. what do you think of Brownwood.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

It will be fine. LSL was the same way as it was growing up.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:05 PM

Its a shame that businesses have not been able to make it in Brownwood. I heard that well as rent they pay a percentage of their gross
Old 11-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Gold member

The family behind The Villages are about as smart as you can get. I would not bet against them....EVER. BTW I was in Brownwood the other night and it was anything but quiet. Lively band, lively people.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

With the new conference center, hotel, and medical facilities, the developer is making a major investment in Brownwood. It may take some time as the southern regions of The Villages are developed, but Brownwood will be just fine.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Well, it only opened a little over five years ago on 10/12/2012. Give it time.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Gold member

All part of a massive multi year Master Plan that few especially the initiated will ever understand. Enjoy yourself, Brownwood will be fine.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:54 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

It stinks, compared to the other 2 squares
Old 11-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

That depends on your perspective.

- very close and convenient to get to
- not as crowded as the other squares
- a number of good places for casual dining
- covered stands for the entertainment in case it rains
- MVP is located there
- beautiful cinema showing multiple movies
- golf cart store for service and parts
- administrative offices being built now so they will be convenient
- farmer's market every Saturday morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
It stinks, compared to the other 2 squares

Last edited by tuccillo; 11-03-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
That depends on your perspective.

- very close and convenient to get to
- not as crowded as the other squares
- a number of good places for casual dining
- covered stands for the entertainment in case it rains
- MVP is located there
- beautiful cinema showing multiple movies
- golf cart store for service and parts
- administrative offices being built now so they will be convenient
- farmer's market every Saturday morning

I agree.................there are a handful of troll perspectives on ToTV..............Just have to ignore and be glad you don't live by them.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Y View Post
Its a shame that businesses have not been able to make it in Brownwood. I heard that well as rent they pay a percentage of their gross
This is normal for leased commercial space. Nothing new or unique to The Villages.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 AM

I agree with other posters that said be patient. We bought in Fenney and that is only a part of Southern Oaks. There will be more people. When I first came here in June for a Lifestyle visit, I wanted a Florida experience. I have to admit, coming from Texas and seeing the cows and cowboy at the entrance seemed odd. I understand Florida had cows and cowboys too, but one thinks more western than southern when seeing that sculpture( which I like). I look forward to seeing the square grow.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Brownwood is unique among the three town squares in that it is not completely surrounded by TV houses, and for the time being will not be. It's also unique in that it has the most room for potential growth around the town square proper as well as to the west and south of SR44 as TV continues to spread southward. As with all prime commercial real-estate property the rents are higher than average, but once the location starts to meet its potential these businesses prosper greatly.

One of the realities of doing business here in TV is the huge revenue swings a business must endure throughout the year with the boom-bust cycle of seasonal residents. Every business must take this into account in their business plan and financial planning to be successful, not all are willing to take this on, hence the reason we don't see some of the establishments so many want to see come here.

Many people on-line like to site the failure rates of businesses in the TV commercial districts and town squares and blame it on the developer for the high rates and being greedy. How many dresses and $20 crew toys do you really think you can sell to dog owners? How many organic soy candles and soaps at $40/lb can you sell before you go back to Irish Spring and Yankee Candle? Nice dreams to open a business selling niche and novelty items but without a strong market and business plan these little shops are sure to fail. They read the contract when they leased the space and know up front what the will costs will be, there are few secrets or hidden costs and if you don''t plan for the costs then plan on failing.

The property owner looses when a business goes under also, no revenue and still having to condition the space and provide even basic security costs. The property will need to be retrofitted when a new tenant moves in which takes time and money. Then there is also the potential loss of a prime tenant who many want a location that is occupied by a failing business who moves on, lost opportunities are very difficult to quantify.

Brownwood is successful and will only grow to be more successful in the future. My crystal ball says that in 10 or 15 or maybe 20 years SR44 from Wildwood to Rohan to the Lake County line and 468 from Rohan to the Turnpike will be a booming business district not unlike what 27/441 looks like today.

None of us know what the developer has planned but they most certainly have a grand master plan laid out as evident by all the announced growth and building south of SR44. It's not greed, it's business, they are developers and they are developing property, that's their business and their business model works.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Veteran member

The Stadium Seating is really nice. It provides some protection in the sun and rain and you can see the entertainment and dancers better. Would be nice if there were more shops and food there but got a feeling this is going to change with the addition of: a hotel/ spa, and specialty medical center.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, empty, small, news, paper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.